Established in 2003, the DNDi Africa office provides support to R&D projects in the region, including the LEAP Platform. Additionally, the office works to build awareness about neglected diseases and realities in the field through regional advocacy and communications activities.
Tetezi Towers, 3rd Floor
Tel: +254 20 3995 000
- Allometric pharmacokinetic study shows miltefosine remains an attractive option for combination with other drugs; conclusion is that for children, allometric dosing seems to be a better regimen and will be employed in future studies involving paediatric patients.
- Paediatric HIV study extends to Uganda, with 5 new sites enrolling over 150 new patients by the end of the year.
- LEAP 2.0 – the revamped Leishmaniasis East Africa Platform – launches, with expansion of R&D activities from VL to CL and PKDL, and inclusion of other countries (Eritrea, Somalia, South Sudan).
- Following advocacy from DNDi and the Mycetoma Research Centre in Sudan, mycetoma becomes the 18th disease to be included in the WHO NTD list.
- Site initiation visits, protocol training, GCP and GCLP training pave the way for study of fosravuconazole as a potential mycetoma treatment.