Established in 2007, the affiliate of DNDi in North America supports the advocacy, communications, fundraising, and R&D efforts of DNDi in the region. Based in New York City, USA, this affiliate operates under the direction of the DNDi North America Board of Directors and collaborates with key partners engaged in a variety of R&D activities.
DNDi in North America
40 Wall Street, 24th Floor
Tel: +1 646 616 8680
- United Nations High-Level Panel on Access to Medicines issues a report that calls for new approaches to ensure innovation and access to health technologies.
- UN Political Declaration on Antimicrobial Resistance highlights the need to improve access to existing medical tools, as well as the need to develop new products that are affordable and appropriately available to all who need them.
- Huffington Post “Project Zero” campaign launches to raise awareness of NTDs and crowdfund for DNDi’s sleeping sickness programme.
- US Chagas Treatment Access Project launches to support Center of Excellence for Chagas Disease at UCLA-Olive View Medical Center in Los Angeles.
- Biopharmaceutical company Celgene becomes the first US-based partner to join DNDi’s Drug Discovery Booster.
- Publication of feature piece on DNDi’s model in Nature magazine by science journalist Amy Maxmen.
- Open Synthesis Network launches with two US universities – Northeastern and Pace – to engage students in NTD drug discovery.