DNDi’s malaria-specific portfolio aims to facilitate the widespread availability of the two products delivered by its diverse partners in the Fixed-Dose Artesunate Combination Therapy (FACT) Project. The Medicines for Malaria Venture Access and Product Management team has taken over managing these treatments to help maximize patient access.
The FACT Project has produced 2 fixed-dose ACTs which are:
- Easy to use as given in a single daily dose of 1 or 2 tablets for 3 days
- A 2-in-1 fixed-dose combination (FDC) of drugs that ensures both drugs are taken together and in correct proportions
- Age-based dosing to facilitate proper dosing in rural, remote areas
- ASAQ – FDC of artesunate and amodiaquine for treatment of malaria in sub-Saharan Africa
- ASMQ – FDC of artesunate and mefloquine