Caring for Kids with HIV and TBCaring for Kids with HIV and TB
Caring for Kids with HIV and TBSani sits in the doorway of her one-room house with her baby girl Mel in her arms. A pink sunset illuminates the Durban township of KwaMashu that unfolds below her clifftop house. She looks lovingly at Mel, then takes out a syringe and struggles to give the two-year-old,a medicine that is over 40% alcohol.
‘We need to ensure that results of R&D are affordable and available to patients’‘We need to ensure that results of R&D are affordable and available to patients’
‘We need to ensure that results of R&D are affordable and available to patients’Graeme Bilbe, Research & Development Director, DNDi [February 2017] ‘We need to ensure that results of R&D are affordable and available to patients’ DNDi’s R&D Director Graeme Bilbe looks back on 2016 and the exciting advances in DNDi’s portfolio, and explains what he sees as the biggest challenges facing the organization.
R&D Status February 2017: DNDi Sleeping sickness programmeR&D Status February 2017: DNDi Sleeping sickness programme
R&D Status February 2017: DNDi Sleeping sickness programmeFexinidazole entered into the last stage of clinical development before potential submission to regulatory authorities in 2017 as the first new oral treatment for sleeping sickness, while SCYX-7158* moved to Phase II/III.
R&D Status February 2017: DNDi Leishmaniasis programmeR&D Status February 2017: DNDi Leishmaniasis programme
R&D Status February 2017: DNDi Leishmaniasis programmeTwo new chemical entities were nominated as pre-clinical candidates for visceral leishmaniasis, and two Phase II studies to test new treatments for PKDL were designed for launch in Bangladesh, India and Sudan in 2017.
- Study confirms key therapeutic advance for children living with HIV and tuberculosis 14 February 2017
- African eye worm is worse than it looks: new study shows that the disease leads to increased mortality 27 October 2016
- Global Antibiotic Research and Development Partnership receives financial support from Swiss Government 22 September 2016
- “Towards Ending the Neglect?” DNDi releases update on its Paediatric HIV Programme 14 July 2016
- Celgene joins DNDi’s “Drug Discovery Booster” to accelerate discovery of new treatments for neglected diseases 15 June 2016
- Nikkei: “A drugmaking duo takes the fight to a neglected disease” 16 March 2017
- STAT: “Neglected tropical diseases are finally getting the attention they deserve” 30 January 2017
- Borneo Post Online: “Health Ministry aims to lower treatment cost for hepatitis C” 19 January 2017
- The Huffington Post: “This man went abroad and brought back a disease U.S. doctors had never seen” 17 January 2017
- The Huffington Post: “A parasite attacked this dad’s brain and destroyed his family” 20 December 2016
- Investments in research and surveillance are needed to go beyond elimination and stop transmission of Leishmania in the Indian subcontinent by Olliaro P, Shamsuzzaman TAKM, Marasini B, Dhariwal AC, Be-Nazir A, Mondal D, Banjara MR, Das P, Sundar S, Rijal S, Arana B, Alvar J, Argaw D, Peeling RW, Kroeger A, Matlashewski G. PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases, January 2017
- How universal is coverage and access to diagnosis and treatment for Chagas disease in Colombia? A health systems analysis by Cucunubá ZM, Manne-Goehler JM, Díaz D, Nouvellet P, Bernal O, Marchiol A, Basáñez MG, Conteh L. Social Science & Medicine, February 2017
- Development of a scalable process for the synthesis of DNDI-VL-2098: A potential preclinical drug candidate for the treatment of VL by Vijay S. Satam, Rao Pedada S, Kamaraj P, Antao N, Singh A, Hindupur RM, Pati HN, Thompson AM, Launay D, Martin D. Organic Process Research & Development, December 2016
- Safety and effectiveness of sodium stibogluconate and paromomycin combination for the treatment of visceral leishmaniasis in eastern Africa: results from a pharmacovigilance programme by Kimutai R, Musa AM, Njoroge S, Omollo R, Alves F, Hailu A, Khalil EAG, Diro E, Soipei P, Musa B, Salman K, Ritmeijer K, Chappuis F, Rashid J, Mohammed R, Jameneh A, Makonnen E, Olobo J, Okello L, Sagaki P, Strub N, Ellis S, Alvar J, Balasegaram M, Alirol E, Wasunna M. Clinical Drug Investigation, January 2017
- Chagas disease research and development: is there light at the end of the tunnel? by Chatelain E. Computational and Structural Biotechnology Journal, December 2016
- ISNTD Festival
International Society for Neglected Tropical Diseases FestivalFebruary 23, 2017 London, United Kingdom James Arkinstall, DNDi's Head of Communications & Advocacy, presented on the fundraising campaign for sleeping sickness with the Huffington Post.
- NTD Summit 2017 April 19-22, 2017 Geneva, Switzerland DNDi will be participating at the event.
- WorldLeish 6
6th World Congress on LeishmaniasisMay 16-20, 2017 Toledo, Spain The WHO ColIaborating Centre for Leishmaniasis at the Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Madrid and the Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative, Geneva have joined efforts to co-organize the WorldLeish-6 Congress.