Malaria: New research promises to ease access to ASAQ and ASMQ treatmentMalaria: New research promises to ease access to ASAQ and ASMQ treatment
Malaria: New research promises to ease access to ASAQ and ASMQ treatmentAccess to effective treatment is central in the fight against malaria. The recently published PREGACT study has shown that artemisinin-based combination therapies are effective in pregnant women with malaria in Africa, without the safety concerns of other treatment types. Another success for malaria treatment comes with the World Health Organization’s announcement that the fixed-dose combination of artesunate+mefloquine (ASMQ) shelf-life has been extended from two to three years, which will greatly help with storage and distribution.
Call for papers for PLOS WorldLeish-6 CollectionCall for papers for PLOS WorldLeish-6 Collection
Call for papers for PLOS WorldLeish-6 CollectionDr Jorge Alvar, Head of Visceral Leishmaniasis, DNDi, and Dr Javier Moreno, Director of WHO Collaborating Center for Leishmaniasis, announce a call for papers on Leishmaniasis for the PLOS WorldLeish-6 Collection. See the PLOS article, calling for papers for the PLOS WorldLeish 6 Collection, as it appeared on the PLOS Blog.
Hepatitis C: Current barriers to treat patients and DNDi’s R&D strategy to address urgent needsHepatitis C: Current barriers to treat patients and DNDi’s R&D strategy to address urgent needs
Hepatitis C: Current barriers to treat patients and DNDi’s R&D strategy to address urgent needsDNDi, Pharco, and the Ministry of Health Malaysia announced today at the International Liver Congress in Barcelona, Spain, that they signed agreements to test an affordable hepatitis C regimen in Malaysia and Thailand. The treatment, a potentially pan-genotypic combination of ravidasvir and sofosbuvir, will be tested in Malaysia and Thailand with a target price of under $300. DNDi also released its hepatitis C R&D Strategy as well as infographics to explain why there are so many neglected hepatitis C patients.
GHIT invests in GeneDesign and DNDi partnership to develop a better treatment for cutaneous leishmaniasisGHIT invests in GeneDesign and DNDi partnership to develop a better treatment for cutaneous leishmaniasis
GHIT invests in GeneDesign and DNDi partnership to develop a better treatment for cutaneous leishmaniasisGHIT awarded US$687,715 to a partnership between GeneDesign, a Japan-based biotech, and DNDi to develop a better treatment for cutaneous leishmaniasis.
- Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative and Pharco Pharmaceuticals to test affordable hepatitis C regimen with support of Malaysian and Thai governments 13 April 2016
- Clinical Research Malaysia and the Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative Sign Agreement to Launch Clinical Studies for a Public Health Approach to Hepatitis C in Malaysia 13 January 2016
- DNDi Statement on KaloBios’ Intention to Raise Price of Chagas Drug and File for FDA Priority Review 14 December 2015
- World AIDS Day 2015: Study Begins in Kenya for Recently-Approved Paediatric HIV Treatment 30 November 2015
- Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative Unveils New Plan for Neglected Patients at a key gathering of experts in India 16 October 2015
- Financial Times: “Waking up to sleeping sickness” 29 April 2016
- Le Monde: “Hépatite C: un traitement à moins de 300 dollars à l’étude” 20 April 2016
- El Mundo: “Los nuevos fármacos contra la hepatitis C, más eficaces de lo esperado” 15 April 2016
- Healio: “DNDi announces Pharco partnership to reduce HCV treatment costs in Asia” 14 April 2016
- La Tribune: “Hépatite C: une ONG va créer un concurrent du blockbuster de Gilead, à prix cassé” 14 April 2016
- Repositioning antitubercular 6-nitro-2,3-dihydroimidazo[2,1-b][1,3]oxazoles for neglected tropical diseases: Structure-activity studies on a preclinical candidate for visceral leishmaniasis by Thompson AM, O'Connor PD, Blaser A, Yardley V, Maes L, Gupta S, Launay D, Martin D, Franzblau SG, Wan B, Wang Y, Ma Z, Denny WA. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, March 2016
- An analysis of volumes, prices and pricing trends of the pediatric antiretroviral market in developing countries from 2004 to 2012 by Lee JSF, Teyssier LS, Nguimfack BD, Collins IJ, Lallemant M, Perriens J and Moatti JP. BMC Pediatrics, March 2016
- Eliminating the neglected tropical diseases: Translational science and new technologies by Hotez PJ, Pécoul B, Rijal S, Boehme C, Aksoy S, Malecela M, Tapia-Conyer R, Reeder JC. PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases, March 2016
- Synthesis and evaluation of analogs of the phenylpyridazinone NPD-001 as potent trypanosomal TbrPDEB1 phosphodiesterase inhibitors and in vitro trypanocidals by Veerman J, van den Bergh T, Orrling K.M, Jansen C, Cos P, Maes L, Chatelain C, Ioset J-R, Edink E.E, Tenor H, Seebeck T, de Esch I, Leurs R, Jan Sterka G. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry, February 2016
- Validation and clinical evaluation of a novel method to measure miltefosine in leishmaniasis patients using dried blood spot sample collection by Kip AE, Rosing H, Hillebrand MJ, Blesson S, Mengesha B, Diro E, Hailu A, Schellens JH, Beijnen JH, Dorlo TP. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. January 2016
- Dundee Drug Discovery Unit: Celebrating 10 years May 18-20, 2016 Dundee, Scotland Graeme Bilbe, R&D Director, will be speaking at this scientific conference celebrating the tenth anniversary of the Dundee Drug Discovery Unit.
- ISNTD d3 2016 May 25-26, 2016 London, United Kingdom Eric Chatelain, Head of Drug Discovery, will present on drug discovery and development for Chagas disease.
- DNDi Innovation & Access – Partners’ Meeting 2016 June 6-8, 2016 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil DNDi Latin America are organizing a series of events with conferences, discussions and meetings. International scientists, product developers, policy-makers, and civil society organizations, are invited to participate in the events in order to do the best science for the most neglected.