DNDi welcomes Malaysia’s move to secure access to more affordable treatments for hepatitis CDNDi welcomes Malaysia’s move to secure access to more affordable treatments for hepatitis C
DNDi welcomes Malaysia’s move to secure access to more affordable treatments for hepatitis C[Kuala Lumpur, Geneva – 20 September 2017] Malaysia has issued a “government use” licence enabling access to more affordable versions of an expensive and patented medicine to treat hepatitis C. This landmark decision should help the more than 400,000 people living with hepatitis C in Malaysia access sofosbuvir, and could have important repercussions in the global effort to secure access to expensive treatments for this viral disease. [Bahasa] [Español] [Português]
Pooling patient data could improve visceral leishmaniasis treatment optionsPooling patient data could improve visceral leishmaniasis treatment options
Pooling patient data could improve visceral leishmaniasis treatment optionsCombining patient data from visceral leishmaniasis clinical trials would give scientists and clinicians more tools to understand and treat the disease which can be fatal if untreated.
More than EUR 56 million raised to fund initiative to fight antibiotic resistanceMore than EUR 56 million raised to fund initiative to fight antibiotic resistance
More than EUR 56 million raised to fund initiative to fight antibiotic resistance[Berlin - 4 September 2017] Germany hosts pledging event for GARDP, a new initiative to develop new antibiotic treatments Germany together with a number of countries and foundations today pledged EUR 56.5 million to help develop new treatments to fight against antibiotic resistance, during a fundraising event for the Global Antibiotic Research and Development Partnership (GARDP), hosted in Berlin by the German Federal Ministry of Health and the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research. [Deutsch]
U.S. FDA approves Chemo Group's benznidazole to treat children with Chagas diseaseU.S. FDA approves Chemo Group's benznidazole to treat children with Chagas disease
U.S. FDA approves Chemo Group's benznidazole to treat children with Chagas disease[Washington DC, Geneva - 31 August 2017] On August 29th, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved Chemo Research’s New Drug Application (NDA) for benznidazole. This is the first drug ever approved by the FDA to treat Chagas disease. [Español] [Português]
- DNDi welcomes Malaysia’s move to secure access to more affordable treatments for hepatitis C 20 September 2017
- More than EUR 56 million raised to fund initiative to fight antibiotic resistance 4 September 2017
- U.S. FDA approves Chemo Group’s benznidazole to treat children with Chagas disease 31 August 2017
- DNDi welcomes Dr Marie-Paule Kieny as new Chair of the Board of Directors with Prof. Marcel Tanner stepping down after ten successful years 8 August 2017
- Antibiotic-resistant gonorrhoea on the rise; need for new drugs 7 July 2017
- Nature: “Sleeping sickness can now be cured with pills” 18 October 2017
- The Huffington Post: “Victims of this disfiguring disease ‘feel so much pain and shame'” 12 October 2017
- The Star Online: “Geneva group lauds move on cheaper hep C drug” 22 September 2017
- CNN: “The world is running out of antibiotics, WHO says” 19 September 2017
- The Huffington Post: “A deadly disease threatens to regain ground deep in the African jungle” 12 September 2017
- Towards elimination of visceral leishmaniasis in the Indian subcontinent – Translating research to practice to public health by Hirve S, Kroeger A, Matlashewski G, Mondal D, Banjara MR, Das, P, Be-Nazir A, Arana B, Olliaro P. PLOS NTDs, October 2017
- Challenges in a product development partnership: a malaria treatment case study by Luiza L, Costa Chaves G, Marques Torres Barboza T, de Paula Barros Gonçalves L and Stobbaerts EG. Ciência & Saúde Coletiva, October 2017
- Visceral leishmaniasis relapse hazard is linked to reduced miltefosine exposure in patients from Eastern Africa: a population pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic study by Dorlo TPC, Kip AE, Younis BM, Ellis SJ, Alves F, Beijnen JH, Njenga S, Kirigi G, Hailu H, Olobo J, Musa AM, Balasegaram M, Wasunna M, Karlsson MO and Khalil EAG. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy, September 2017
- Systematic review of clinical trials assessing the therapeutic efficacy of visceral leishmaniasis treatments: A first step to assess the feasibility of establishing an individual patient data sharing platform by Bush JT, Wasunna M, Alves F, Alvar J, Olliaro PL, Otieno M, Hopkins Sibley C, Strub Wourgaft N, Guerin PJ. PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases, September 2017
- Efficacy and safety of available treatments for visceral leishmaniasis in Brazil: a multicenter, randomized, open label trial by Romero GAS, Costa DL, Costa CHN, de Almeida RP, de Melo EV, de Carvalho SFG, Rabello A, de Carvalho AL, de Queiroz Sousa A, Leite RD, Soares Lima S, Alves Amaral T, Piovesan Alves F, Rode J, the Collaborative LVBrasil Group. PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases, June 2017
- 8th Trends in Medical Mycology October 6-9, 2017 Belgrade, Serbia Jean-Robert Ioset, Discovery Manager, and Benjamin Perry, Senior Discovery Manager – Open Innovation, presented posters at the meeting.
- ECTMIH 2017 October 16-20, 2017 Antwerp, Belgium DNDi presented on sleeping sickness, visceral leishmaniasis, mycetoma, and onchocerciasis.
- ASTMH 2017 November 5-9, 2017 Baltimore, Maryland, USA DNDi will be taking part in symposia, posters and oral presentations at the meeting.
- Joint Meeting of Bioscience Societies November 13-17, 2017 Buenos Aires, Argentina DNDi Latin America will give an update on the latest advances in therapeutic biomarkers or prognosis of Chagas disease.
- II International Symposium on Biological Sciences November 22, 2017 Minas Gerais, Brasil Sergio Sosa-Estani, Head of Chagas, DNDi Latin America will present on Chagas disease at the event.