“Towards Ending the Neglect?” DNDi Releases Update on its Paediatric HIV Programme“Towards Ending the Neglect?” DNDi Releases Update on its Paediatric HIV Programme
“Towards Ending the Neglect?” DNDi Releases Update on its Paediatric HIV Programme[July 2016] As the International AIDS Conference kicks off in Durban, the Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative (DNDi) has released an update on its efforts to develop optimal child-adapted antiretroviral formulations. This document details some recent progress towards its final goal of developing “4-in-1” fixed-dose combinations using the World Health Organization (WHO) recommended treatment regimen for infants and young children. DNDi’s update also discusses some promising developments for treatment for children living with both HIV and tuberculosis (TB).
The global response to AMR must not fail to address the needs of neglected patientsThe global response to AMR must not fail to address the needs of neglected patients
The global response to AMR must not fail to address the needs of neglected patientsManica Balasegaram, Director, Global Antiobiotic Research and Development Partnership [June 2016] Far from being an apocalyptic fantasy, a post-antibiotic era in which common infections and minor injuries can kill has become a very real possibility. Of late, media headlines about ‘the end of the road’ for antibiotics have been plentiful. The latest case in May this year to receive a good deal of attention was of a patient in the US found to be carrying bacteria resistant to antibiotics of last resort. [Español] [Português]
AusTrade supports Epichem leishmaniasis research programmeAusTrade supports Epichem leishmaniasis research programme
AusTrade supports Epichem leishmaniasis research programmeDNDi and its partner Epichem are pleased to announce that the Australian Tropical Medicine Commercialisation Grants Programme (ATMCG), with the support of Australia’s Trade and Investment Ministry (AusTrade), are providing $250,000 for a project which is focused on developing new treatments for leishmaniasis. The name of the project is: “Novel compounds for the treatment of Leishmaniasis in humans and animals,” which will be led by PharmAust Limited’s (ASX:PAA) subsidiary Epichem in partnership with DNDi.
DNDi delivers statement about CEWG on R&D Financing and Coordination at 69th World Health AssemblyDNDi delivers statement about CEWG on R&D Financing and Coordination at 69th World Health Assembly
DNDi delivers statement about CEWG on R&D Financing and Coordination at 69th World Health AssemblyAt the 69th WHA, Member States were asked to consider the outcomes of the Open-Ended Meeting and continue discussions on issues related to monitoring, coordination and financing for health research. Michelle Childs, DNDi‘s Head of Policy Advocacy, delivered the following statement on behalf of DNDi.
- “Towards Ending the Neglect?” DNDi Releases Update on its Paediatric HIV Programme 14 July 2016
- Celgene joins DNDi’s “Drug Discovery Booster” to accelerate discovery of new treatments for neglected diseases 15 June 2016
- DNDi, Mundo Sano and Chemo team up to register benznidazole in US and Latin America 8 June 2016
- DNDi response to Government of Japan replenishment of The Global Health Innovative Technology Fund 1 June 2016
- Mycetoma is added to WHO List of ‘Neglected Tropical Diseases’ 28 May 2016
- Nature: “Busting the billion-dollar myth: how to slash the cost of drug development” 24 August 2016
- CNN: “Could one discovery take on three deadly parasites?” 9 August 2016
- excite: “マイセトーマ(Mycetoma:菌腫)が WHOの「顧みられない熱帯病(NTDs)」のリストに新たに加わる – エキサイトニュース(1/4)” 1 July 2016
- The East African: “Easy-to-swallow anti-AIDS drug for East Africa’s children” 29 June 2016
- O Globo: “Bernard Pécoul, médico: ‘O sistema de produção de remédios é insustentável” 29 June 2016
- Transmission Dynamics of Visceral Leishmaniasis in the Indian Subcontinent – A Systematic Literature Review by Hirve S, Boelaert M, Matlashewski G, Mondal D, Arana B, Kroeger A, Olliaro P. PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases, August 2016
- Comparison of artesunate–mefloquine and artemether–lumefantrine fixed-dose combinations for treatment of uncomplicated P falciparum malaria in children under 5 years in sub-Saharan Africa: a randomised, multicentre, phase 4 trial by Sodiomon BS, Ogutu B, Lusingu JPA, Mtoro A, Mrango Z, Ouedraogo A, Yaro JB, Onyango KO, Gesase S, Mnkande E, Ngocho JS, Ackermann I, Aubin F, Vanraes J, Strub N, Carn G. The Lancet, July 2016
- IL-2 as a marker for detecting asymptomatic individuals in areas where Leishmania infantum is endemic by Ibarra-Meneses A, Carrillo E, Sánchez C, García-Martínez J, Lacomba DL, San Martin J, Alves F, Alvar J, Moreno J. Clinical Microbiology and Infection, June 2016
- The Leishmaniasis East Africa Platform (LEAP): strengthening clinical trial capacity in resource-limited countries to deliver new treatments for visceral leishmaniasis by Wasunna M, Musa, A, Hailu A, Khalil EAG, Olobo J, Juma R, Wells S, Alvar J, Balasegaram M. Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, June 2016
- Repositioning antitubercular 6-nitro-2,3-dihydroimidazo[2,1-b][1,3]oxazoles for neglected tropical diseases: Structure-activity studies on a preclinical candidate for visceral leishmaniasis by Thompson AM, O'Connor PD, Blaser A, Yardley V, Maes L, Gupta S, Launay D, Martin D, Franzblau SG, Wan B, Wang Y, Ma Z, Denny WA. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, March 2016
- AIDS 2016
21st International AIDS ConferenceJuly 18 - 22, 2016 Durban, South Africa DNDi, CHAI, UNITAID, and NEPHAK held an AIDS 2016 Satellite Session to share practical and programmatic experience developing and introducing new paediatric ARV formulations.
- The 7th APS International PharmSci 2016
Pharmaceutical Sciences: Improving World HealthSeptember 5-7, 2016 Glasgow, Scotland Steve Robinson, Head of Pharmaceutical Development at DNDi, will present on neglected diseases.
- XIX International Congress of Tropical Medicine and Malaria
ICTMMSeptember 18 - 22, 2016 Brisbane, Australia Robert Don, Discovery & Preclinical Director, DNDi and Eduard Ziljstra, Senior Consultant, DNDi will be speaking at this event.