2017 in Review
Pharmaniaga, Pharco and DNDi sign agreement to provide affordable hepatitis C treatment in MalaysiaPharmaniaga, Pharco and DNDi sign agreement to provide affordable hepatitis C treatment in Malaysia
Pharmaniaga, Pharco and DNDi sign agreement to provide affordable hepatitis C treatment in Malaysia[Kuala Lumpur/Geneva - 13 November 2017] Malaysian pharmaceutical company Pharmaniaga Logistics Sdn Bhd (Pharmaniaga), Egyptian pharmaceutical company Pharco Pharmaceuticals (Pharco) and non-profit research and development organization Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative (DNDi) have signed a collaboration agreement to manufacture and supply a new hepatitis C treatment regimen to be sold for US$300 in the public sector in Malaysia.
DNDi reçoit le Prix 2017 de l’Innovation à Genève pour récompenser son action en faveur des populations les plus négligéesDNDi reçoit le Prix 2017 de l’Innovation à Genève pour récompenser son action en faveur des populations les plus négligées
DNDi reçoit le Prix 2017 de l’Innovation à Genève pour récompenser son action en faveur des populations les plus négligéesA l’occasion de l’Evénement économique 2017 du 9 novembre dernier, la Chambre de commerce, d’industrie et des services de Genève (CCIG), le Département de la sécurité et de l’économie (DSE) et l’Office de Promotion des Industries et des Technologies (OPI) ont décerné le Prix 2017 de l’innovation à l’initiative Médicaments contre les Maladies Négligées (DNDi).
DNDi awarded the Innovation Prize 2017 in Geneva for working to help the most neglectedDNDi awarded the Innovation Prize 2017 in Geneva for working to help the most neglected
DNDi awarded the Innovation Prize 2017 in Geneva for working to help the most neglectedAs part of the ‘Evénement économique 2017’ that took place on November 9, the Geneva Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Services (CCIG), the Department of Security and Economy (DSE) and the Office for the Promotion of Industries and Technologies (OPI) awarded the Innovation Prize 2017 to the Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative (DNDi).
- Pharmaniaga, Pharco and DNDi sign agreement to provide affordable hepatitis C treatment in Malaysia 13 November 2017
- DNDi/GARDP opens new South Africa liaison office, hosted by South African Medical Research Council 8 November 2017
- Phase II/III studies show high efficacy and safety of fexinidazole, the first oral treatment for sleeping sickness 5 November 2017
- DNDi welcomes Malaysia’s move to secure access to more affordable treatments for hepatitis C 20 September 2017
- More than EUR 56 million raised to fund initiative to fight antibiotic resistance 4 September 2017
- El País: “Ocho millones de personas olvidadas” 19 December 2017
- Le Figaro: “Un traitement contre la maladie du sommeil” 14 December 2017
- Brazilian Society of Tropical Medicine: “DNDi engages in research and development for neglected diseases, says Joel Keravec” 12 December 2017
- Scroll.in: “India will miss its deadline to eliminate kala azar by the end of December” 27 November 2017
- Le Monde: “Les enfants, derniers bénéficiaires de l’innovation médicale” 27 November 2017
- Treatment of adult chronic indeterminate Chagas disease with benznidazole and three E1224 dosing regimens: a proof-of-concept, randomised, placebo-controlled trial by Torrico F, Gascon J, Ortiz L, Alonso-Vega C, Pinazo MJ, Schijman A, Almeida IC, Alves F, Strub-Wourgaft N, Ribeiro I. Lancet Infectious Diseases, January 2018
- Time and dose-dependence evaluation of nitroheterocyclic drugs for improving efficacy following Trypanosoma cruzi infection: A pre-clinical study by Mazzeti AL, Diniz LDF, Gonçalves KR, Nascimento AFS, Spósito PAF, Mosqueira VCF, Machado-Coelho GLL, Ribeiro I, Bahia MT. Biochemical Pharmacology, January 2018
- Increasing access to comprehensive care for Chagas disease: Development of a patient-centered model in Colombia by Marchiol A, Forsyth C, Bernal O, Valencia C, Cucunubá Z, Pachón E, Soto M, Batista C. Pan American Journal of Public Health, December 2017
- Antileishmanial and antitrypanosomal drug identification by Croft SL, Chatelain E, Barrett MP. Emerging Topics in Life Sciences, December 2017
- Phenotypic screening approaches for Chagas disease drug discovery by Chatelain E, Ioset JR. Expert Opinion on Drug Discovery, December 2017
- GHIT R&D Forum December 8, 2017 Tokyo, Japan DNDi presented at the event on the NTD Drug Discovery Booster, Chagas disease, and mycetoma.
- UHC Forum 2017 December 12-15, 2017 Tokyo, Japan DNDi co-hosted a side event on NTDs.
- 18th International Congress on Infectious Diseases 1-4 March 2018 Buenos Aires, Argentina DNDi is a co-operating organization of the event. DNDi members will take part in the opening ceremony and in symposia.