[October 23-26, 2011]
DNDi co-organized a session on Product Development for Neglected Patients and took part to the Innovation session.
Check here for the detailed presentation of the symposia, with speakers.
Innovation for Diseases of Global Health Importance ‐
Adapting Innovation to Fit Local Conditions
Tuesday, October 25, 2011 / 10:15 – 11:45
• Marie‐Paule Kieny, Assistant Director‐General, World Health Organization
• Victoria Hale, CEO, Medicines 360
• Melanie Leitner, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Scientific Officer, Prize4Life
• Bernard Pécoul, Executive Director, Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative (DNDi)
Product Development for Neglected Patients ‐
where are the research gaps and what are the priorities?
Wednesday, October 26, 2011 / 15:45 – 17:15
Chair: Dr Michel Chretien, Co‐founder, International Consortium on Antivirals (ICAV), and Scientific Director,
Foundation on Antivirals (FAV)
Key Note Speech: Dr Bernard Pécoul, Executive Director, Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative (DNDi)
• Dr Olaf Horstick, International Consortium on Anti‐Virals (ICAV)
• Dr Gerald H. Möller, Chairman of the Board, Foundation for Innovative New Diagnostics (FIND)
• Dr David Reddy, CEO, Medicines for Malaria Venture (MMV) “The MMV imperative” [PDF] • Dr Joris Vandeputte, Sr. Vice President Advocacy & Resource Mobilisation, Tuberculose Vaccine initiative,
(TBVi) “Impact of new vaccines for Tuberculosis” [PDF]
See the Summit’s website