[Closing date: 24 July 2015]
Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative (DNDi) is a not-for-profit foundation, based in Geneva (Switzerland). Its main objective is to develop new treatments for people suffering from neglected diseases such as Leishmaniasis, Trypanosomiasis, Chagas disease, Filarial and HIV paediatric. The 2015 budget is estimated at EUR 43 million.
To achieve its main objective, DNDi has set up it’s headquarter in Geneva and various Regional Offices (RO) in the Americas (Rio de Janeiro and New-York), Asia (Penang, Tokyo and New Delhi), and Africa (Nairobi and Kinshasa).
The Accountant Assistant (AA) will be mainly responsible for the follow-up of Credit Card and travel authorizations and travel expenditure booking. In addition the AA will support the Finance Team for the day-to-day activities and the closings of accounts.
Dimension of the position
S/he will report to the Accountant Manager (AM). This is a new position at 60% is in line with DNDi’s expanding activities. This is a short term position for 10 months and the evolution of this position in a long term position will be evaluated before the end of the term of the contract.
This position involves frequent interactions in English with the team, notably Research & Development, Advocacy & Communication, Fundraising and Regional Offices (RO) colleagues.
Booking travel expenditures
• Check that travel requests have been properly completed and correctly approved
• Check analytical allocation (per project) of the expenses
• Make sure expenses are reported within the correct fiscal year
• Make sure the travel policy is well implemented across all the Offices (For individual and groups for internal meetings and conferences)
• Book travel agency invoices
Credit Card (CC) management
• Manage relationship with the bank to order/cancel CC
• Investigate in case of suspicion of Fraud and liaise with the bank to claim unidentified expenses.
• Explain credit card reporting to new cardholders
• Collect and control monthly supporting documents (receipts, orders) related to Credit Card expenditure
• Book monthly all the CC transactions in the accounting software
Participate in the annual closing of DNDi’s accounts,
• Maintain inventories of RO
• Assist the Finance team in the closing tasks
• Adhere to accounting processes (SOPs) and participate in updating the SOP
• Participate to internal control tests on travel process in Geneva and in other DNDi offices
• Support the team in the design and the implementation of new tools related to travel expenditure follow-up (Workflow set up on share point).
• Contribute to design the term of reference and to put in place the dematerialization of Finance supporting documents (scanning).
• Assist the Finance team for day-to day activities (calculation of per diem for meetings, send email to suppliers when there is an issue,…)
• Accounting degree; CFC d’employé/e de commerce
• Experience with multiple currencies and analytical accounting
• Rigorous, detail oriented, organized and autonomous, capable of respecting deadlines;
• Junior experience as an accountant ideally in an international/NGO
• Good knowledge of IT tools (Word, Excel, Outlook); Knowledge of accounting system Navision a +
• International background with very good knowledge of French and English
• based in Geneva
• Short term contract of 10 months (September 2015 – June 2016)
• Part time position (60%)
- Please send via email only a letter explaining why you are applying for this post and an up-to-date copy of your CV/resume to email@example.com.
- Accepting applications until July 24th 2015
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.