[Closing date: 12 October 2015]
Position Objectives / Person Specification
The Team Leader of HIV/HCV will play a senior management role on the HIV/HCV team in the development of HIV/HCV projects. S/he will be responsible for operational delivery of the disease strategies through implementation of projects in all stages of the development process. S/he will work closely in collaboration with the HIV/HCV Program Leader and be empowered to take project-related day-to-day decisions and guide the project in absence of the Program Leader. As a Team Leader s/he will be expected to maintain frequent interaction with team members and to directly oversee the use of DNDi resources for given projects. S/he will be part of the strategic disease team where programmatic strategic directions are established and decisions made for both disease areas.
S/he will report to the HIV/HCV Program Leader.
Specific Job Responsibilities
Manage operational aspects of the HIV/HCV program
- Coordinates team members on a regular basis to help them meet program milestones
- Develop project plans and budgets with the Head of Disease and relevant team members.
- Monitor milestones, critical success factors, and key performance indicators for project evaluation with partners.
- Ensure effective and cost-efficient use of DNDi resources
- Update the HIV/HCV Program Leader on progress of individual projects and budgets on a regular basis and present interim reviews
- Chair extended disease team meetings
Contribute to the strategic aspects of the program:
- Cultivate and maintain relationship with industrial partners
- Manage external relationships with partners including manufacturers
- Play a leadership role on the strategic disease team, chaired by the Program Leader
- Develop and monitor risk management strategy and plans
- Prepare materials for presentation to the Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC) and at interim and formal reviews
Other roles in DNDi
- Serve as the focal point together with the Program Leader for specific teams communication, advocacy, access and fundraising strategy of DNDi
- Carry out specific projects assigned by the Program Leader
Qualifications/ Person Specification
The ideal candidate for this position will coordinate team members with strong project management skills and a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience. S/he will have Master’s degree in Business Administration, Law, Public Affairs, or other relevant fields. S/he will also have proven management skills and a background in international research collaborations especially with industrial partners.
The Project Manager will be based in Geneva and must be prepared for work related travel.
Please send via email only a letter explaining why you are applying for this post and an up-to-date copy of your CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the full position description and additional information about DNDi please visit our website at www.dndi.org
Accepting applications until 12th October 2015
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.