[Closing date: 1 July 2016]
In a context of sustained growth and retirement of the current Executive & Board Assistant, DNDi is pursuing its organizational development, and willing to strengthen the management of its Executive office as a platform for overall coordination and decision-making.
DNDi is managed by its Executive Director and an Executive Team that also includes the Operations Director, the R&D Director and the External Affairs Director. They meet on a weekly basis. An Extended Executive Team meets on a monthly basis and also includes 6 other directors in Geneva, as well as Directors of the four main regional offices.
DNDi Board is composed of 13 members, including representatives of its Founding partners. The Board meets twice a year for a two-day session, prepared by various sub committees.
The Executive Office Manager is primarily responsible for the administration of the Executive office and the Board of Directors.
The position acts as personal assistance to the Executive Director.
The Executive Office Manager supports the Operations Director in overall coordination of planning and Executive Team meetings preparation and follow up.
Personal administration to the Executive:
- Act as trusted personal assistant to the Executive Director.
- Manage personal relationships of the Executive Director with senior external stakeholders (calls, correspondence, meetings, visitors…). Maintain the stakeholder relationship database accordingly.
- Organize travel and meetings.
- Coordinate sensitive issues upon request of the Executive Director.
- Assist the Executive Director as appropriate to prepare and edit communications, mails, letters, presentations and other documents (particularly ppt).
Administration of the Board of Directors:
- Support the Executive Director to organize the Board of Director meetings.
- Organize overall logistics support for Board meetings: event preparation, board members travels (itineraries, hotel bookings…), document gathering.
- Interact with Board members as appropriate.
- Prepare Executive Board meetings and support as appropriate sub committees of the Board.
- Attend Board meetings. Record, transcribe and distribute minutes of Board meetings under the supervision of the Executive director and the Secretary of the Board (board member).
- Liaise with relevant heads/directors in charge of agenda items to ensure timely delivery of content and preparation of decisions.
- Report to Head of Legal and Operations director to ensure compliance to internal rules.
Coordinate Executive teams & Leadership meetings preparation and follow up:
Under supervision of Operations Director:
- Organize planning of Executive Team meetings (weekly) and Extended Executive Team meetings (monthly) meetings and ensure effective attendance and timely remote connections.
- Establish agenda upon operational planning and expected decisions, milestones, events etc.
- Attends Executive Team Meetings upon request, capture key decisions and ensure dissemination of minutes.
- Support synthesis of annual action plan with internal stakeholders, in particular Finance & Planning Director, R&D and External Affairs departments, and Regional offices.
- Synthetize short term planning information from various departments and update DNDi Global planning accordingly.
- Support the preparation of bi-annual Leadership meetings and annual staff meeting.
- Coordinate the gathering and release of the monthly activity report.
Coordinate Executive Office support:
- Supervise the Executive Office Assistant and delegate as appropriate. Liaise with the R&D and other department/ regional assistants to ensure co-ordination of DNDi executive team activities.
- Ensure overall alignment of executive team members’ agendas. Occasionally provide admin support to executive team members (together with Executive Office Assistant).
- Organize permanence of Executive Office support with R&D and Executive Office assistant.
- Feed internal communications with relevant information.
Reporting & Interactions
- Reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the Operations Director and the Executive Team.
- Act as team leader for the Assistants at Executive Team level.
- Directly supervise Executive Office Assistant.
- Board members (esp. Chairman and Secretary), governance members, Friends of DNDi.
- Directors and Heads in Geneva and DNDi Regional offices.
- R&D Assistant.
- Travel Assistant, Office Administrator.
- Other program/department assistants (pool to be established).
- Senior representatives of DNDi partners (global health leaders, pharma leaders, ministries of Health/WHO etc.) and their close staff.
- Detail oriented, while able to seize the big picture
- Good judgment and inter-personnel skills
- Good organizational and planning skills. Ability to meet short deadlines
- Flexibility, ability to adjust priorities in a fast moving environment
- Integrity and ability to manage confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to capture key elements and decisions points, supported by good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Self-starter, able to gather critical information
- Effective team player, able to manage stress and positively shape his/her environment
- Senior experience as a personal assistant of CEO or senior executive, chief of staff, or executive office manager. Minimum 10-year experience providing support at a high level
- International background, fluent in spoken and written English and French
- Experience in large non-governmental organization or life sciences company – ideally both
- PowerPoint, Word and Excel savvy. Comfortable with information systems and databases (e.g. Sharepoint, Salesforce etc.)
- Bachelors degree an advantage.
Full time position, based in Geneva.
- Please send via email only a letter explaining why you are applying for this post and an up-to-date copy of your CV/resume to email@example.com.
- Please indicate in the subject line of your email: Executive Office Manager.
- For the full position description and additional information about DNDi please visit our website at www.dndi.org
- Accepting applications until 1st July 2016.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.