[Closing date: November 15, 2016]
In the context of sustained growth, DNDi is pursuing its organizational development and is strengthening its Executive Office. The Executive Office serves as a cross organizational platform that is essential to DNDi’s matrix environment by ensuring alignment, coordination across the programs and ensuring proper function of DNDi’s governance and operations.
The Executive Office Assistant is part of the Executive Office and works with the Executive Office Manager and the R&D and Executive Office Senior Officer (RDEOSO) to assist in all aspects of the administration of the Executive Office and R&D as required.
Support to the Executive Director
- Works with the Executive Office Manager to support the Executive Director (ED) and the Director of Operations (DO). This includes organiszing the ED and DO’s travel inclusive of travel bookings and itinerary preparations, scheduling meetings, arranging logistic support for meetings and other administrative support (entering time sheets in the future).
- Assists the Executive Office Manager as appropriate, to prepare and edit correspondence, presentations (particularly .ppt) and other documents.
Support to the Executive Office
- Assists with the organization of Executive level meetings (including the Executive Team meeting, the Extended Executive Team meeting, the Leadership bi-annual meeting). This includes scheduling and logistic support
- Supports the Executive Office Manager to organize the Board of Directors meetings. This includes arranging travel and accommodation for board members, collation of supporting documents, assisting creating presentations and logistic support
- Coordinates the monthly team meetings. This includes scheduling, organizing logistics; compiling the Monthly Report and ensuring the global calendar is up to date
- Participates in the coordination of internal events
- Supports the RDEOSO to organize the Scientific Advisory Committee meeting twice a year. This includes arranging travel, accommodation and per diems for SAC members. Liaises with Legal department as required
- Supports the RDEOSO with the organization of ad-hoc meetings and contributes to the coordination of the Annual Plan of Action
- Interacts as a main point of contact with the R&D Director during RDEOSO’s absence
- As required, provides administrative support to the Director of External Relations
Reporting & Interactions
Reports to the Executive Office Manager and works closely with the R&D and Executive Office Senior Officer, Executive Director and the Operations Director.
- Externally: Main suppliers partners, SAC members, Board members.
- Internally: Executive Director, Operations Director, Executive Office Manager, R&D Executive Office Senior Officer, Operations department resources (HR, IT, Finance, Legal), Regional office staff, potentially all DNDi staff.
- Good attention to detail and thorough
- Good judgment and interpersonal skills. Effective team player
- Proven record of organizational, planning and IT skills
- Self-starter. Ability to meet short deadlines
- Flexible, able to adjust priorities in a fast multicultural moving environment
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent French and English
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Deadline for application: Accepting applications until November 15, 2016.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.