[Closing date: 20 August 2016]
After 12 years of sustained growth, DNDi is now working across 9 offices (Geneva, Rio, Kinshasa, Nairobi, New Delhi and Patna (India), Kuala-Lumpur (Malaysia), Tokyo and New York) and employs ~150 FTEs core staff (~50% in Geneva), operating a “virtual” model involving many partners, suppliers and consultants.
DNDi has recently validated a new business plan for the next 8 years, including new disease areas and operating models. The empowerment of DNDi regional offices is expected to continue, to strengthen local capacities and ensure full implementation of the Vision & mission of DNDi. 80% of new staff are expected to join DNDi in Regional offices by 2023.
In this context of steady growth over the years (20% staff growth is still expected in 2016) with highly entrepreneurial spirit, the organization has grown organically adding up new projects with a sense of urgency to address patients’ needs. DNDi needs to adjust its organizational set up to ensure a smooth implementation of its newly approved strategy, while further clarifying roles and responsibilities across the matrix organization (Disease areas, regions, support function…).
In a very multicultural environment (30+ nationalities), DNDi is also characterized by the professional diversity of its profiles mixing in a balanced way talents from the public, private and NGO sectors.
With the growth of the organization and its increasing complexity, there is a need to further structure DNDi HR strategy and roll out its recently updated HR framework and policy. A Director of Human Resources and Organization (DHRO) has been hired to provide leadership for the HR function globally as well as support organizational design and change management.
DNDi is hiring a Head of HR and Administration to lead HR operations in Geneva and coordinate operations across the regional offices, spearhead HR best practices and implementation of DNDi HR strategy and tools, and contribute further developing DNDi HR strategy.
Specific Job Responsibilities
• Manage the daily operations and act as supervisor of the HR team.
• Oversee completion of key administrative HR processes (e.g., staff contracts, holidays, general work permit issues payroll, benefits, relocation management, terminations etc.) to ensure effectiveness and accuracy in implementation and execution.
• Ensure optimal use of HR database across the organization and the production of HR reports on key HR KPIs and statistics.
• Oversee portfolio of key staff related insurances for DNDi Geneva.
• Participate and manage directly recruitment for DNDi Geneva.
• Develop, manage and implement the training policy and is responsible of the relevant annual budget.
• Manage the appraisal and performance tools in Headquarters and Regional Offices.
• Lead specific HR projects upon request of DHRO.
• Provide advice on conflict management.
• Provide counsel on HR perspectives and requirements related to all HR issues to managers and staff.
• Provide guidance to Regional Operations Senior managers and HR staff in regional offices.
• Implement DNDi HR policy in Geneva and Regional Offices, ensure creative application of HR policy and best practices throughout Regional Offices.
• Support the translation the organization strategy and goals into an HR projects roadmap.
• Support developing DNDi overall HR strategy and tools.
• Support the HR annual plan preparations.
• Support staffing plans, and ensure the staffing needs of the Organization are met on an ongoing basis.
Administration, travel & Geneva site management
• Supervise administrative support for DNDi office in Geneva.
• Lead office management for DNDi office. Supervise welcome desk, facility management in Geneva office (Insurance, health & safety, parking allocations, moves, etc.)
• Supervise travel function for DNDi Geneva.
• Coordinate administrative issues with Regional offices (insurance, moves, …)
The Head of HR and Administration reports to the Director of Human Resources & Organization (DHRO). The Head of HR &A supervises the HR team in Geneva: Payroll & Admin manager, HR coordinator, Travel coordinator, Office coordinator (four permanent team members).
Regional offices HR function include: 4 Operations Senior Managers (for “big offices”, supported by 2.5 local HR coordinators) and 3 Admin support (small offices) – who also report to their local management and other Directors/Heads in the Operations department.
Working Term and Conditions
- Workplace: Geneva
- Time employment: 100%
- Mobility: a few trips to regional offices will be necessary (1 to 3 a year)
• Proven working experience and management of all HR processes
• People oriented and results driven
• Exposure to various organizational cultures (not-for-profit, private, public)
• International background. Experience in Mid-size organization.
• Ideally exposed to global health or life sciences.
• Excellent active listening and negotiation skills
• Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the organization
• In-depth knowledge of Swiss labor law
• Knowledge of HR systems, databases and tools
• MS degree in Human Resources or related field
• 10 years’ experience in management of HR
• Fluent in English and French. Spanish / Portuguese a plus.
Open until 20 August 2016.