[Closing date: 18 June 2016]
The Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative (DNDi) is a collaborative, patients’ needs-driven, non-profit drug research and development (R&D) organization that is developing new treatments for neglected patients. DNDi is looking for an R&D Support Assistant (40%) to assist the Filarial Project Team for the following activities:
- Management of cross-disciplinary Discovery activities for filarial diseases.
- Management of specific Discovery and Preclinical activities, in particular DMPK, efficacy and toxicology projects
She/he will report to Filarial Senior Project Manager.
Scope of the training:
- Learn basis of drug discovery
- Update DNDi’s database management system (ScienceCloud)
- Interact with databases systems support to learn ScienceCloud
- Interact with databases systems support during technical issues
- Develop templates for data registration:
- Update ScienceCloud with data generated by external partners
- Document processes and transfer knowledge to partners
- Coordinate DMPK studies
- Design studies with the help of the Filarial Senior Project Manager
- Review protocols and reports
- Coordinate activities with contracted research organization
- Perform comprehensive literature search on ad hoc basis
- Prepare scientific data compilation on ad hoc basis
- Prepare reports and presentations on ad hoc basis
- Participate to project meetings on ad hoc basis
Qualifications / Person specification
- Entry level
- MSc level in Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacy)
- Very good organizational and IT skills
- Conscientious, quality-oriented, self-motivated with the flexibility and hands-on approach to thrive in a fast-moving, virtual organization
- Good level in English, written and spoken – knowledge of additional languages is an asset
- Deadline: June 18th, 2016.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.