[Closing date: 22 April 2016]
The R&D Officer will assist the Lead Optimization and Preclinical Project Manager for the following activities:
- Management of cross-disciplinary LO activities for kinetoplastid diseases.
- Management of specific LO and Preclinical activities, in particular DMPK, efficacy and toxicology projects
She/he will report to Lead Optimization and Preclinical Project Manager and will interact with Heads of Drug Discovery on an ad hoc basis.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
1. Review reports and data generated by external partners (in vitro and in vivo ADME, safety pharmacology, toxicity, analytical)
2. Review protocols regarding routine ADME and safety activities
3. Quality check of data before registration in databases and registration into DNDi data management system (ScienceCloud)
4. Registration of PD and PK data into databases
5. Interact with databases systems support during technical issues
6. Archive and tag documents in SharePoint
7. Interact with IT support during technical issues and tool improvement of SharePoint
8. Perform comprehensive literature search on ad hoc basis
9. Prepare scientific data compilation on ad hoc basis.
Qualifications / Person specification
• Good knowledge and understanding (scientific and technical) of drug development for small molecules and the related activities:
o In vitro and in vivo pharmacology
o In vitro and in vivo ADME
o Safety Pharmacology
• BSc or MSc level in Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacy)
• Very good organizational and IT skills
• Conscientious, quality-oriented, self-motivated with the flexibility and hands-on approach to thrive in a fast-moving, virtual organization
• Good level in English, written and spoken – knowledge of additional languages is an asset.
– Short term contract of 1 year (June 2016 – June 2017) with the possibility of renewal.
– Partial time 40 % (2 days/week).
- Please send via email the following two documents: (1) a letter explaining why you are applying for this post, and (2) your CV/resume to DNDi: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please indicate in the subject line of your email: R&D Officer
- Accepting applications until April 22nd, 2016
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.