New Delhi, India
[Closing date: 15 March 2016]
- Main: Director DNDi Regional Office India (Delhi)
- Functional: Heads & Directors within Operations Department (Geneva)
- Reports/ Team Size: Administration and Finance Manager, Senior Finance Officer, Administrative and Finance Assistant (Delhi), Logistics and Administrative coordinator (Patna)
To support the growth of the organization in India, DNDi is looking for an experienced manager to lead their Operations Department locally while ensuring alignment with global practices, action plan and strategy.
The position is in charge of the operations of DNDi within the region as such – Finance, Accounting, Administration, Legal, IT, HR. It also supports project implementation through logistics and partners/providers management as well as strategic and operational planning.
Human Resources (20%)
- To establish and update standards and policies in accordance to DNDi’s principles and ensure tools/mechanisms/processes are in place for proper follow-up and ensure good ownership by the team
- Manage the different HR cycles: recruitment and hiring processes, briefing, appraisals, welcome, induction and dismissals.
- Ensure all employees and consultants are duly registered as such, working under a valid contract and that data is kept updated physically and electronically for regular reporting.
- Perform regular assessments to ensure, through active discussions with Geneva, that regional remuneration/benefits packages are coherent and aligned with the regional/international markets and with DNDi’s policies.
- Ensure positive and creative dynamics within DNDi team, including healthy working environment, fluid internal communication, appraisal, careers planning and improvement/development training plan.
- Supervise administrative (e.g., contracts, holidays, general work permit issues, benefits etc.) to ensure effectiveness and accuracy in implementation and execution.
- Manage the monthly payroll with the accountancy department
- Manage welfare benefits and insurances
- Assist and provide advice on conflict management and / or termination decisions.
Finance & Partners’ Management (25%)
- Supervise budget process in the Regional Office and ensures it occurs timely within DNDi’s global financial management schedule.
- Contribute to fundraising efforts through proposal development and donor reporting by providing relevant financial planning and information.
- Control expenditures and authorize payments.
- Ensure implementation and maintenance of finance good practices: signature policy, conflict of interest, travel, per diem, SOPs, etc.
- Supervise Finance officers to ensure proper financial/accounting management (NAVISION and local accounting) and on time submission of financial information to the local BoD, local accountant firm and DNDi Geneva.
- Ensure year-end closing process is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
Administration / Legal Support (15%)
- To ensure DNDi legal entities requirements are met (Board of Directors, general assembly).
- Responsible for elaboration and updating of MoUs, contracts and other partnership frameworks involving the Regional office.
- Ensure DNDi complies with local legislation (labor law, civil law) and DNDi’s overall policies through liaison with external lawyer and legal/operations teams in GVA.
- Establish procedures for internal and external accountability aiming at “best practices” in the non-profit sector in the region.
- Ensure a sound regional model of development for support activities aligned with the regional strategy and avoid unnecessary administrative burden.
- Identify with the R&D team areas where operations support can complement existing SOPs
- Monitor and maintain updates in the data bases for contracts, procedures and policies
- Establish policies and a supply system for the projects (suppliers, transmissions, reception) in the country.
- Support projects implementation. Maintain, develop and ensure implementation of integrated procedures to DNDi‘s policies regarding field work organization, models of accountability in the field, and the organization of – briefings for the new staff recruited for administration and finance projects.
- Manage local procurement upon global policy and local guidelines.
- Manage office space according to the management style established in the regional strategy. Ensure facilities are adequate to needs (maintenance of office, work space, telecommunications, inventories, archives, security)
- Manage General Insurance for the office.
Information Technology (10%)
- Liaise with Head of Information Systems & Technology in headquarter to enforce IST policy and adherence to DNDi IST strategy to allow efficacious local IT solution implementation.
- Coordinate with Head of IST to develop a local IST Roadmap consistent with global DNDi IST roadmap and ensure its proper execution.
- Oversee and enforce high quality Service Desk support from local IT supplier for LATAM users in accordance with DNDi IT support key performance indicators and the SLAs.
- Manage and monitor relationships with all DNDi IT providers and follow-up on their performance and act accordingly when necessary
Strategic Management (20%)
As part of the regional management team, the Regional Operations Manager will also contribute to the development of the regional strategy under the supervision of the regional director ensuring the achievements and development of DNDi in the region in the context of the current business plan:
- Under the supervision of the director, responsible for coordinating the preparation and implementation of the regional Action Plan.
- Contribute to the development of the regional strategic plan.
- Provide support for the development of proposals and reporting to local donors.
- Coordinate risk management activities for the office. Contribute identifying risks for DNDi activities, raise awareness and suggest mitigation strategies. Maintain risk register.
- Lead and inspire the Operations team in India and contribute to global Operations Department development.
- Participate in the monthly management team meetings in the Region as well as ensure a fluid regional internal communication
- Interact as a regional focal point for the area of Operations with the headquarters in GVA and other regional offices, promoting a good interlocution between all DNDi members globally.
- When requested and relevant, the Regional Operations Manager may represent DNDi and the regional office in external meetings with key partners and institutions.
- Master’s degree in Management (MBA or equivalent)
Skills and Experience Required:
- At least 10 years of experience; with specialization in operations management.
- Experience of working with an international organization is preferred
- Team management skills.
- Autonomous, self- starter and doer attitude.
- Understanding of the not for profit sector and Global health space
- Well versed with Indian Law and regulatory requirements that non-profit organizations need to comply with.
Please send your application to Mr Vaibhav Arora at email@example.com
Deadline: 15th March 2016.