[Closing date: December 15, 2017]
The Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative (DNDi) is a collaborative, patients’ needs-driven, non-profit drug research and development (R&D) organization that is developing new treatments for Neglected Diseases (www.dndi.org)
The Global Antibiotic Research and Development Partnership (GARDP) is a not-for-profit research and development organization that addresses global public health needs by developing and delivering new or improved antibiotic treatments, while endeavoring to ensure sustainable access. Initiated and incubated through close collaboration between WHO and Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative (DNDi), GARDP is part of the implementation of the Global Action Plan on Antimicrobial Resistance that calls for new public-private partnerships for encouraging research and development of new antimicrobial agents and diagnostics.
GARDP’s mission is to work in partnership with the public and private sectors, to develop and deliver new treatments for bacterial infections where drug resistance is present or emerging, or for which inadequate treatment exists.
GARDP is currently hosted and facilitated by DNDi, which provides the scientific environment, necessary personnel, and infrastructure to ensure an effective start-up phase.
Purpose of the position
The GARDP Executive Office – Senior Officer provides Executive administrative support to the GARDP Directors (Executive Director, R&D Director, Business Development and Corporate Strategy Director) with high level of quality in the activities such as organizing the Directors travel inclusive of travel bookings and itinerary preparations, scheduling meetings, arranging logistic support for meetings, and other Executive administrative support.
S/he is primarily responsible for the administration of the GARDP Directors, acting as personal assistance to the GARDP Executive Director and giving supports in the overall coordination of planning, and Executive team meetings preparation and follow up (i.e expert meetings, scientific advisory meetings…)
Specific job responsibilities
Organisation of GARDP Director(s) activities (80%)
GARDP Director(s) support
- To prepare formal documentation and reports for the GARDP Director(s)
- To oversee the travel, itineraries, and travel packs preparation
- To provide direct secretarial support and act as the personal assistant to the GARDP Executive Director
- To organize the Scientific Advisory Committee, co-ordinate with Chair of SAC and R&D Director, and support follow-up and SAC decisions.
- To coordinate with the R&D Senior Programme Assistant the preparations of materials for presentation to the Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC) another interim and formal reviews
- To liaise with legal, communication and operations departments concerning SAC members rotation (CDAs, COI, FCP)
Knowledge management and technical support
- To maintain and implement upon needs document management and storage system for the usage of the R&D department including the SAC governance through SharePoint, Action Plan, and other R&D related initiatives as required
- To maintain and develop information/ internal communication systems to support R&D projects
- User friendly of Salesforce product (update accordingly the SAC governance)
GARDP Executive Office (20%)
- To work as needed with the R&D Senior Programmes Assistant on various administration projects
- To ensure the flow of information, in and out of the GARDP Executive Office
- To contribute to annual GARDP Action Plan development
- To maintain a highly collaborative team in order to maintain constant and reliable support to the GARDP Executive Office
Global calendar and directors team agendas
- Ensure ownership and integration of key meetings and events planning into global calendar and of various agendas and SharePoint
- Organize key internal and external meetings, ensure SharePoint Calendars are updated, assist in planning the event, and ensure logistics re in place
- He/she reports to the Senior Operations Manager, with GARDP Executive Directors as secondary reporting line
- Work very closely with the GARDP- R&D Senior Programmes Assistant
Skills and attributes
- Demonstrated ability to capture in writing key elements and decisions points, supported by good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong writing skills – editing documents, writing reports of meetings, preparation of agendas and list of participants
- Ability to communicate and correspond with high level executives
- Good organizational and planning skills, project management. Ability to meet short deadlines.
- Detail oriented, while able to seize the big picture
- Good judgment and inter-personnel skills
- Flexibility, ability to adjust priorities in a fast-moving environment
- Integrity and ability to manage confidentiality
- Self-starter, able to gather critical information
- Effective team player, able to manage stress and positively shape his/her environment
- Minimum 10-year experience providing Executive/Personal Assistant support, particularly in regard to agenda management and organization of meetings and trips is required
- At least 3 years of senior experience as a Personal Assistant of CEO or Senior Executive
- Experience in supporting the work of Boards and Board members of an organization
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and matrix structure
- Experience in large Non-governmental organization or life sciences company – ideally both.
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration or similar
- Master’s degree is a plus
- International background
- Excellent English (spoken and written)
- Proficiency in French desirable
- Good practice with usual software (Word, Excel, Power point, Share Point, MS Project would be an advantage)
- Based in Geneva
- Status: (Full time – Permanent role)
- Deadline for application: Accepting applications until December 15th.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.