[Closing date: September 21, 2017]
Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative (DNDi) is a collaborative, patients’ needs-driven, non-profit drug research and development (R&D) organization that is developing new treatments for neglected diseases (www.dndi.org).
The Global Antibiotic Research and Development Partnership (GARDP) is a not-for-profit research and development organization that addresses global public health needs by developing and delivering new or improved antibiotic treatments, while endeavoring to ensure sustainable access. Initiated and incubated through close collaboration between WHO and DNDi, GARDP is part of the implementation of the Global Action Plan on Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) that calls for new public-private partnerships for encouraging research and development of new antimicrobial agents and diagnostics.
GARDP’s mission is to work in partnership with the public and private sectors, to develop and deliver new treatments for bacterial infections where drug resistance is present or emerging, or for which inadequate treatment exists.
GARDP is currently hosted and facilitated by DNDi, which provides the scientific environment, necessary personnel, and infrastructure to ensure an effective start-up phase.
Purpose of the position
The Antimicrobial Memory Recovery Programme (AMRP) is part of GARDP. AMRP aims to recover the knowledge, data, and assets of forgotten, abandoned, or withdrawn antibiotics while the search for new classes is pursued and a new generation of researchers in antibiotic R&D is championed.
We are looking for a Junior Community Manager to join our team in supporting the portal launch and development. S/he will be part of a team dedicated, which comprises a scientific writer and well renowned scientists in this field.
AMRP is launching an online portal to facilitate access of antimicrobial discovery and antibiotic R&D stakeholders to experts. This portal is a tool to support exchange of communication among stakeholders and provide expert guidance to new users in antibiotic R&D and AMR.
Ultimately, S/he will be the engine behind the Portal supporting the community communications.
Specific job responsibilities
- Respond to comments and customer queries in a timely manner.
- Coordinate offsite Webinars, workshops and similar activities for AMRP.
- Keeping update the portal information, image and video content, website content (training will be provided).
- Support the communication campaigns around the portal, the AMRP program, and other GARDP activities.
- Monitor and report on feedback and online reviews.
- Organize and participate in events to build community and boost GARDP/AMRP awareness.
- Coordinate with GARDP Communications Teams to ensure brand consistency.
- Stay up-to-date with digital technology trends.
- S/he will report to GARDP Head of External Affairs.
- The Head of Transversal Programmes will act as a contributing Manager.
Skills and attributes
- Ability to use initiative, prioritize, multi-task, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Clear and systematic thinking that demonstrates good judgment and problem solving competencies.
- Good communication skills in multicultural, multi-lingual environments, ‘people person’.
- Good customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multicultural team.
- Well organized and structured.
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to contribute to the project delivery under supervision.
- Ability to manage small projects if delegated by upper levels with close supervision.
- Ability to develop engaging content.
- Ability to moderate online and offline conversations with stakeholders.
- Ability to interpret website traffic and online customer engagement metrics.
- Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics (e.g. repeat attendance at events).
- Some knowledge of online marketing and marketing channels.
- Over 3 years’ relevant experience.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and matrix structure.
- Experience in launching/working on similar community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, creating an event series and writing an email newsletter).
- Hands on experience with social media management for brands.
- Experience in PR, promotional events and marketing.
- BSc degree, ideally in life science or relevant field.
- Scientific background (ideally in the medical and pharmaceutical area).
- Excellent English verbal communication skills.
- Excellent English writing skills.
- Proficiency in local language desirable.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Suite, WordPress and/or similar software for design of websites.
- Status: (full time – permanent role).
- Deadline for application: Accepting applications until September 21st 2017.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.