[Closing date: November 24, 2017]
The Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative (DNDi) is a collaborative, patients’ needs-driven, non-profit drug research and development (R&D) organization that is developing new treatments for Neglected Diseases (www.dndi.org – www.gardp.org)
The Global Antibiotic Research & Development Partnership (GARDP) is a not-for-profit research and development organization that addresses global public health needs by developing and delivering new or improved antibiotic treatments, while endeavouring to ensure sustainable access. Initiated and incubated through close collaboration between WHO and DNDi, GARDP is part of the implementation of the Global Action Plan on Antimicrobial Resistance that calls for new public-private partnerships for encouraging research and development of new antimicrobial agents and diagnostics.
GARDP’s mission is to work in partnership with the public and private sectors, to develop and deliver new treatments for bacterial infections where drug resistance is present or emerging, or for which inadequate treatment exists.
GARDP is currently hosted and facilitated by DNDi, which provides the scientific environment, necessary personnel, and infrastructure to ensure an effective start-up phase.
Purpose of the position
The R&D Senior Programmes Assistant will play a key role in GARDP R&D Team. S/he will act as a central point of communication for the extended Project Team. S/he will provide administrative and logistic support to the project team to ensure the smooth-running R&D Activities. As R&D Senior Programmes Assistant s/he will be expected to maintain frequent interaction with the GARDP Programme teams.
The R&D Senior Programmes Assistant will provide administrative support to the R&D Programmes Teams with high level of quality in the activities such as:
- Coordinating planning and reporting of R&D projects
- Work with other GARDP team members to gather information, to keep project schedules up-to-date and draft regular programmes reports (monthly meetings, action plan…)
- Coordinating administration activities in the conduct and management of R&D
Specific job responsibilities
Provide general administrative support to R&D programmes team:
- Prepare and collate documentation when necessary.
- Ensure procurement of any required office supplies, external couriers, visiting cards.
- As required, provides administrative & project related support to the R&D Programmes teams Support office administration for R&D Programmes team in liaison with the GARDP Team Assistant.
- Coordinate monthly progress report.
- Work closely with the GARDP Team Assistant to Coordinate internal and external meetings (expert meetings. Scientific advisory meeting …).
- Acting as a central point of contact for R&D Programmes Teams in organizing Programmes meetings, keeping and distributing minutes, regular calls with staff across the extended team to gather updates, issues and progress etc.
- Coordinate logistics for meetings, conferences & event in liaison with the GARDP Team assistant and DNDi Travel Officer.
- Assist in the planning, execution, and follow up of key R&D meetings and events.
- Support R&D Programmes Team in SAC meeting preparations (collecting documents, preparation of PowerPoint presentations…).
- Programmes specific meetings organizations and preparations.
- Acting as central point for all travel support including DNDi and GARDP staff members and external visitors in consultation with regional offices and GARDP Team Assistant.
- Booking flights and hotel for R&D Programmes Teams in collaboration with DNDi Travel Officer, ensuring DNDi policies and guidelines for travel are followed.
- Coordinate travels for internal and external project meetings, in liaison with the GARDP Team assistant and DNDi Travel Officer.
- Maintain and updated travel record and planning & process travel related invoices for the R&D Programmes team.
Participate in specific programmes related activities:
- Arrange for translations and quality control in different languages, as required.
- Coordination in the editing and distribution of trials news letter.
- Support in Consultant contract writing and follow-up of the contract execution.
- Follow-up and update budget information and provide logistic support as necessary.
- S/he reports to Senior Operations Manager.
- Work very closely with the GARDP Team Assistant.
Skills and attributes
- Ability to use initiative, prioritize, multi-task, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Clear and systematic thinking that demonstrates good judgment and problem solving competencies.
- Very good communication skills in multicultural, multi-lingual environments.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multicultural team.
- Well organized and structured.
- Very good analytical skills.
- Ability to contribute to the project delivery under minimum supervision.
- Ability to manage small projects if delegated by upper levels with supervision.
- Ability to supervise an Intern or Apprentice.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with graduate degree, at least one year with post graduate degree.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and matrix structure.
- Experience of working in non-governmental organization or life sciences company is desirable.
- CFC d’employée de commerce or post graduate degree.
- International background.
- Excellent English (spoken and written).
- Proficiency in local languages desirable.
- Good practice with usual software (Word, Excel, Power point, MS Project would be an advantage).
- Ability to manage projects and to conduct meetings.
- Based in Geneva.
- Status: (Full time – Permanent role).
- Deadline for application: Accepting applications until November 24th 2017.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.