Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
This position is at FIND
[Closing date: 29 January 2018]
FIND is an international non-profit organization based in Geneva, Switzerland, dedicated to R&D activities to expand and accelerate access to new diagnostic technologies, and to build global capacity for diagnostic testing for poverty-related diseases in low- and middle-income countries. FIND’s vision is a world where diagnosis guides the way to health for all people. The FIND team is devoted to driving the development, clinical trialing, and early implementation of innovative diagnostic solutions that can have a high impact on patient care and disease control in low-resource settings. (www.finddx.org)
Purpose of the position
We seek a Project Manager with previous experience in managing complex health projects, and preferably expertise in laboratory practices, diagnostics and/or in hepatitis C or HIV in Malaysia.
You will be the focal point for our recently established Hepatitis project in Malaysia, which aims to remove diagnostic barriers that prevent the country from:
- scaling up hepatitis C care; and
- supporting global HCV prevention, care and treatment goals.
The position will be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and the project will run until June 2020.
Your primary responsibility will be to coordinate and manage FIND’s hepatitis C project activities in Malaysia, in collaboration with international and local partner organizations, primarily DNDi, which is an implementation partner for this project.
Your responsibilities include:
- Project Management
- Coordination of pilot project activities and communication of evidence at national level
The position reports to FIND Senior HCV/HIV Programme Manager.
- At least 5 years hands-on project management experience in a laboratory/medical/or health field.
- Fluent in verbal and written English
- Medical /Laboratory background
- Preferably, an understanding of the laboratory network system in Malaysia
- Deadline for application: Accepting applications until 29 January 2018
Please note that only applicants meeting the profile requirements will be personally contacted. Applications sent by recruitment agencies will not be considered.