[Closing date: 27 May 2018]
Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative (DNDi) is a collaborative, patients’ needs-driven, non-profit drug research and development (R&D) organization that is developing new treatments for Neglected Diseases (www.dndi.org).
The Global Antibiotic Research and Development Partnership (GARDP) is a not-for-profit research and development organization that addresses global public health needs by developing and delivering new or improved antibiotic treatments, while endeavoring to ensure sustainable access. Initiated and incubated through close collaboration between WHO and Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative (DNDi), GARDP is part of the implementation of the Global Action Plan on Antimicrobial Resistance that calls for new public-private partnerships for encouraging research and development of new antimicrobial agents and diagnostics (www.gardp.org).
GARDP’s mission is to work in partnership with the public and private sectors, to develop and deliver new treatments for bacterial infections where drug resistance is present or emerging, or for which inadequate treatment exists.
GARDP is currently hosted and facilitated by DNDi, which provides the scientific environment, necessary personnel, and infrastructure to ensure an effective start-up phase.
Purpose of the position
The GARDP Business Development and Analysis Manager will support GARDP in achieving its objectives by:
- Building, in close cooperation with GARDP BD and R&D teams, the pipeline of products to deliver new treatments for bacterial infections,
- Managing the business development activities, and supporting the GARDP BD team in implementing the partnership strategies.
The position has a broad scope, covering a full spectrum that goes from gathering internal knowledge and building the pipeline through to business intelligence activities, developing strong partnerships and negotiating complex collaboration / licensing agreements for pharmaceutical development, manufacturing, and commercialization.
Specific job responsibilities
Business Intelligence responsibilities:
- In charge of the end-to-end completion of projects, from information-gathering/assessment to the drafting of strategic recommendations
- Help in the pipeline construction by identifying opportunities fulfilling R&D needs:
- Consolidate all the knowledge across an entire range of activities linked to GARDP BD strategy
- Develop a good understanding of the GARDP R&D landscape for the disease area
- Monitor antibiotic players’ activities and bring forward relevant facts that could impact on potential collaborations
- Present potential opportunities to the R&D team
- Help in the development of go-to-market strategies and assist in the marketing execution plans for new pipelines
- Perform and manage market research activities to determine local market specificities, trends, and opportunities
- Contribute to the development of innovative launching strategies
- Identify and select strategic partners, influential consultants, … to support the launch of new products
Business Development responsibilities
- In charge of the management of a part of the portfolio, from initial contact to closing of the collaboration
- Contribute to building sustainable and healthy relationships with current and prospective partners
- Management of BD activities:
- Manage, in coordination with the BD and R&D teams, interactions with portfolio partners related to agreements and contractual matters
- Insure timely and efficient communication among GARDP stakeholders and with partners and facilitate exchanges between external partners and GARDP project teams
- Hold regular updates with partners
- Keep track of the activities with partners and work with the BD and R&D teams to identify opportunities for synergies and potential conflicts
- Participate in the project team meetings and raise matters of BD, legal or procurement interest with the BD team
- Represent GARDP BD in internal meetings and promote BD by making internal presentations on topics of interest
- Participate in external events and meetings relevant to GARDP activities
Skills and attributes
- Hand’s on and results-focused, extremely well organized, and structured thinking
- Clear and systematic thinking that demonstrates strong judgment and problem-solving competencies
- Proven ability to identify and clarify problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions, ability to manage large size projects with budget management
- Able to work well under pressure to meet deadlines (prioritize and handle multiple tasks)
- Proven commercial, negotiation, and advocacy skills
- Convincing communication skills in a multi-national and multi-cultural environment, ability to listen and communicate effectively
- Strong ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders
- Team player, humble, comfortable and effective in a hands-on, team-oriented environment
- Over 8 years experiences in business analysis, access strategies, and/or business development activities
- Proven analytical abilities and strong business acumen with a strategic vision to drive GARDP’s development
- Proven experience in establishing business partnerships
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and matrix structure
- PhD/Master Degree in Life Science or another relevant advanced degree
- Passion for GARDP’s mission
- Fluency in English
- Proficiency in local languages desirable
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- S/he reports to GARDP Business Development Leader
- Status: full time – permanent role
- Deadline for application: Accepting applications until 27 May 2018
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.