[Closing date: 15 December 2018]
Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative (DNDi) is a collaborative, patients’ needs-driven, non-profit drug research and development (R&D) organization that is developing new treatments for Neglected Diseases (www.dndi.org). In the initial period of migration, DNDi will be seconding this position until GARDP is fully operational.
The Global Antibiotic Research and Development Partnership (GARDP) is a not-for-profit research and development organization that addresses global public health needs by developing and delivering new or improved antibiotic treatments, while endeavoring to ensure sustainable access. Initiated and incubated through close collaboration between WHO and DNDi, GARDP is part of the implementation of the Global Action Plan on Antimicrobial Resistance that calls for new public-private partnerships for encouraging research and development of new antimicrobial agents and diagnostics.(www.gardp.org)
GARDP’s mission is to work in partnership with the public and private sectors, to develop and deliver new treatments for bacterial infections where drug resistance is present or emerging, or for which inadequate treatment exists.
GARDP is currently hosted by DNDi, which provides the scientific environment, necessary personnel, and infrastructure to ensure an effective start-up phase. The GARDP Foundation has been created as a separate legal entity and an HR & Admin Officer is now required to support the GARDP internalized HR activities.
Purpose of the position
The Senior HR & Admin Officer contributes to the accomplishment of Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment and the recruitment and ongoing development of talent.
S/he is the primary focal point for GARDP staff members on Employee life cycle areas such as: induction, contract and payroll management, holidays and special leave management, HR database management, general HR administration.
S/he contributes to the accomplishment of GARDP recruitment efforts as well as staff training & development programme and assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties.
S/he helps with the implementation of services, policies, and programmes through HR staff.
Specific job responsibilities
Recruitment – Talent sourcing
- Ensure compliance with internal recruitment guidelines
- Place advertisements on relevant websites and GARDP website
- Manage talent sourcing of candidate via LinkedIn
- Manage all applications on SalesForce recruitment portal, inclusive of reference checks
- Utilize applicant tracking system to screen and recommend candidates for interviews
- Conduct and support the organization of interviews and tests
- Coordinate and conduct pre-screen interviews
- Prepare offers and support transition from candidate to employee
- Ensure job description templates and job description catalogue are up to date and used transversally
Employee life cycle
- Ensuring proper implementation of employee life cycle HR processes and rules
- Ensuring in time and compliant transition from candidate status to employee status
- Coordinating, in close collaboration with concerned managers, the onboarding of new employees in GARDP
- Managing HR induction (staff rules, insurances presentation, …), and ensuring proper communication to concerned internal departments for all other entry aspects (IT, keys etc.)
- Managing employment agreements inclusive of annexes, related amendments as well as all necessary supporting documents
- Coordinating various aspects of employee life cycle administration from employment agreement to work certificate, including management of personnel folders (electronic & physical)
- Managing holidays, special leaves, and family allowances
- Liaising with the Senior Operations Manager to ensure proper transmission and updates of all salary variables to external payroll services provider
- Controlling the monthly payroll with the Finance & Admin Director and preparing year end salary reconciliations
- Audit employee personnel, training, and other files for compliance with applicable laws, as well as maintaining current employee details and contracts updated
- Providing support to Finance department in case of statutory audit or donor’s audit.
- Acting as HR focal point for HR ERP (NAV)
- Supporting implementation of new HR guidelines and proper follow up of existing ones
- S/he will be responsible for assisting the team with the general HR tasks including contributing to special projects and other duties as assigned
- Supporting and coordinating the organization of social events as well as administrative support for GARDP Management office as required.
- Depending on the interest and background of the individual, provide ad hoc support to HR project management in regards to organization improvement
Skills and attributes
- Ability to use initiative, prioritize, multi-task, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Clear and systematic thinking that demonstrates good judgment and problem solving competencies
- Very good communication skills in multicultural, multi-lingual environments
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multicultural team
- Well organized and structured
- Very good analytical skills
- Ability to contribute to the project delivery under minimum supervision
- Ability to manage middle sized projects with budget management under supervision
- Provide specialist services to operational line or project team
- Ability solve non-routine problems on a case by case/project basis
- Has certain autonomy for taking actions and decisions
- Ability to interact with external stakeholders
- Ability to be the focal point/manager for consultants
- Ability to supervise at a smaller level
- Good knowledge of the Swiss Labor law
- Minimum 6 years’ relevant experience in which at least 3 years at Officer level or equivalent
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and matrix structure
- Experience of working in public and private sector is highly desirable
- Proven experience working in all HR processes and knowledge of HR systems, databases, and tools
- Graduate or post graduate degree
- Brevet federal in Human Resources or Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- Fluency in French & English
- Proficiency in local languages desirable
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- S/he reports to the GARDP Senior Operations Manager
- S/he works with all GARDP teams and units in all departments
- Collaborators, counterparts, and service providers are mainly in the functional area in and outside GARDP to get information, guidance, and feedback or to enlist cooperation. Works on the organization of representation of GARDP at smaller events and with external stakeholders of same equivalent level
- Temporary position – 12 months – potentially extendable
- Status: 100%
- Deadline for application: Accepting applications until 15 December 2018
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted