[Closing date: 4 May 2018]
Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative (DNDi) is a collaborative, patients’ needs-driven, non-profit drug research and development (R&D) organization that is developing new treatments for Neglected Diseases (www.dndi.org)
The Operations Department was created in 2011 to help the Executive Director focus on strategic activities. It coordinates DNDi infrastructure globally (finance, operational and strategic planning, human resources, information systems and technology, legal structuring, risk management and organisational development) and supports decision-making and flows of information across the organisation. It also provides oversight to business development and legal activities and liaison offices.
Purpose of the position
The Legal Intern will directly assist the Operations and Programme staff with activities related to contracts management and other legal tasks, as assigned.
S/he will be responsible for establishing and maintaining administrative systems and processes that allow effective management of all correspondence, reporting requirements and documentation, including contracts.
Specific job responsibilities
Tasks and responsibilities
- Maintain the contracts database by filing executed contracts and inserting the relevant data
- Retrieve data or reports on contracting activities from the contract database as per requests from other DNDi departments
- Manage contract follow-up regarding deadlines, prepare draft extensions and amendments
- Manage assignment of contracts and other correspondence
- Draft and review simple contracts, such as CDAs, MTAs, based on DNDi templates in collaboration with the Legal team member in charge of the project
- Print, get signed, and send finalized agreements pursuant to instructions given by the Legal team
- Assure completeness of agreements final versions (date, signatories, attachments…)
- Draft and send letters relating to governance matters (Registry of Commerce, notary, etc.)
- Actively participate in and contribute to legal meetings
- Assist the Legal team with general legal tasks including reasonable and appropriate duties as assigned by Head of Legal Department
Skills and attributes
- Ability to use initiative, prioritize, multi-task, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Good communication skills in multicultural, multi-lingual environments
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multicultural team
- Attention to detail, the ability to multi-task and excellent oral and written communication skills are all essential to this position.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentially
- Law degree on-going
- Verbal and written communication skills. Advanced English is a must
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- Organization and planning skills, work management and prioritizing skills, attention to detail
- Reliability, teamwork
- Integrated into the Operations department team, the Legal Officer will report directly to the Head of Legal
- Works closely with Legal Managers and Project Managers.
- Deadline for application: Accepting applications until 4 May 2018
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.