[Closing date: 18 January 2019]
Established in 2003, Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative (DNDi) is a collaborative, patients’ needs-driven, non-profit drug research and development (R&D) organization that is developing new treatments for Neglected Diseases.
After 15 years of sustained growth, DNDi has built a team of approximately 200 full-time employees working across nine offices (Geneva, Rio de Janeiro, Kinshasa, Nairobi, New Delhi, Kuala Lumpur, New York, Tokyo, and Cape Town).
DNDi began working in Japan in 2004, supporting the development of discovery projects and building its profile and donor relationships. Based in Tokyo, the DNDi Japan Liaison Office exists to develop relationships and collaboration with academia, pharmaceutical companies, the media, and the Japanese government to support the mission of DNDi.
Purpose of the position
The primary objective of this position is to support Head of Office and Operations manager in Japan to run the office smoothly by providing all aspects of administrative assistances listed below.
Specific job responsibilities
- Assist Head of Office to make necessary arrangements with internal and external stakeholders. Liaise with focal point of Geneva and/or Regional Offices in executive assistant
- Assist DNDi Japan Board members, Head of Office, and Operations Manager to organize Japan Board meetings and general assembly
- Make necessary travel arrangements for DNDi staff, board members, and partners (accommodation, travel, meeting, etc.)
- Ensure logistical arrangement of the office (printer, stationaries, other equipment)
- Ensure proper security of the office and facilities are adequate to needs (work space, telecommunications, archives, security measures, etc.)
- Handle “housekeeping” of the office (cleaning, garbage, supply of coffee, tea service, etc.)
- Handle general inquiries to the office
- Support ad-hoc requests from the team members
- Maintain a relationship with local IT support. Follow-up on the performance liaise with IT Geneva when necessary
- Monitor and maintain updates in the data bases for contracts, procedures, and policies. Also, maintain and improve the filing system
- Assist the Operations manager on preparation and submission of the annual activity and financial reports to the local authorities in Japanese (Legal entity)
- Support the Operations manager to Organize Board Meeting, General Assembly, and association meetings
- Prepare a payment request with invoice. Ensuring to get a signature based on the local signature policy and enter the payment request into the local online banking system.
- Liaise with HR consultant locally to prepare all official reporting documents related to payroll
- Ensure all employees and consultants are duly registered as such. Assist the Operation Manager to maintain, renew, and/or update of each employment contract as well as documents relating to the contract physically and electronically for regular reporting.
Skills and attributes
- Ability to use initiative, prioritize, multi-task, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Clear and systematic thinking that demonstrates good judgment and problem-solving competencies
- Good communication skills in multicultural, multi-lingual environments
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multicultural team
- Well organized and structured
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to contribute to the project delivery under supervision
- Ability to manage small projects if delegated by upper levels with close supervision
- Ability to supervise an Intern or Apprentice
- Over 3 years’ relevant experience
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and matrix structure
- Experience of working in public and private sector is highly desirable
- Graduate university degree, Masters is a plus
- Formal training or certification as required by the function
- Fluency in English
- Native in local language
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- S/he reports to Operations Manager
- Daily interaction with Japan team and occasionally with members of Japan association members, especially Board of Directors
- Works with IT teams in Geneva and maintain relationships with Administrative focal points globally
- Externally, s/he will liaise local IT service provider, Lawyers, Consultants and other local service suppliers
- Status: full time – permanent role
- Deadline for application: Accepting applications until 18 January 2019
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted