Since 2005, the DNDi office in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) has provided essential logistical and financial support for the nifurtimox-eflornithine clinical trial (NECT), the fexinidazole trials, and the HAT Platform.
DNDi in Democratic Republic of Congo
Avenue Milambo, n°4
Commune de la Gombe
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Tel: +243 81 659 79 95
- Support completion of fexinidazole clinical studies in adults (stage 1 and 2) and children with sleeping sickness
- Start of Phase IIIb study in seven clinical sites in DR Congo to generate information on fexinidazole in special population groups in in- and out-patients
- Start of Phase II/III study in nine clinical sites in DR Congo to test acoziborole as a single-dose treatment in patients with stage 1 or 2 sleeping sickness
- Top-line results from the fexinidazole Phase III/IV study enable DNDi and Sanofi to pursue plans to submit for regulatory approval with the EMA in 2017.
- Phase II/III study starts in seven sites in DRC to test SCYX-7158 as a single-dose treatment in 350 patients with stage 2 HAT.