The DNDi Latin America office was opened in 2004. With the primary aim to support regional R&D activities for Chagas disease, malaria, and leishmaniasis, the Latin American office also undertakes advocacy and communications activities to increase neglected diseases awareness in the region.
DNDi Latin America
Rua Santa Heloisa 5
- Pilot project for access and implementation of Chagas diagnosis and treatment launches in four regions of Colombia, to boost national response in partnership with MoH.
- Study results pave the way for treatment guidelines to change in Brazil, replacing Glucantime by AmBisome® as first-line VL treatment.
- UNASUR (Union of South American Nations) High-Level Meeting with Health Ministry representatives discusses access to HCV treatment with DNDi participation.
- DNDi Partners’ Meeting in Rio de Janeiro gathers 300 neglected disease R&D stakeholders to debate regional and global issues, such as innovative funding and emerging public health challenges.
- Newly-formed Social Movement against NTDs holds first meeting in Brazil, bringing together patients and public health actors in a new advocacy focused initiative.