The joint office for Southern Africa for DNDi and the Global Antibiotic R&D Partnership (GARDP) was opened in November 2017, and is currently housed at the South African Medical Research Council.
South African Medical Research Council
Francie van Zijl Drive
The Business Exchange
Corner 7th Ave and Jan Smuts Drive
195 Jan Smuts Drive
Tel: +27 10 035 4730
- Continued to strengthen its collaborative efforts with the South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC). SAMRC provided 4 million Rand (~240,000 EUR) to further GARDP’s activities in South Africa to deliver affordable, new or improved antibiotic treatments for drug-resistant bacterial infections, beginning with neonatal sepsis and sexually-transmitted infections.
- Supported GARDP‘s launch of a global observational study of babies with sepsis, with three South African sites, to guide development of new and improved antibiotic treatments for newborns.
- Recruited a locally based team to provide support to the launch and execution of clinical trials in South Africa
- Opening of a new DNDi-GARDP joint office in Cape Town
- Collaboration agreement with South African Medical Research Council