Dr Nila Heredia
President of the Asociacion de Familiares de Detenidos Desaparecidos y Martirez por la Revolucion Nacional ASOFAMD, Bolivia
Former Minister of Health and Sports, Bolivia
Dr Nila Heredia earned her MD from Universidad Mayor de San Andrés, Bolivia.
- Master Degree in Health Policies and Management, Universidad Andina GTZ. 2003.
- Specialization in Human Development CIDES – UMSA. 1995.
- Specialization in Management and Epidemiology. UMSA. 1993.
- Specialization in University Management and Administration, Canada and Chile (Universidad Santiago de Chile 1990).
- Specialization in Internal Medicine, Universidad Cayetano Heredia Lima Peru 1984.
ADMINISTRATIVE FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT AND SENIOR POSITIONS
- Vice Minister of Health and Promotion. February 2010 to May 2010.
- Minister of Health and Sports. January 2006 – January 2008. Evo Morales Ayma’s administration.
- Technical Director of the Departmental Health Service. June 2004 – March 2005. (Institutionalized).
- Permanent member of the Local Health Councils in the cities of La Paz and El Alto. June 2004 – January 2006.
- President of the Medical College of La Paz, 1999 – 2001.
- General Secretary of the Medical College of La Paz 2001 – 2003.
- Vice Chancellor of the Universidad Mayor de San Andrés 1988 – 1991.
- President of the University Academic Council.
- Main Representative of the Bolivian University before the Assist Teaching Integration Commission 1988 – 1994.
- Acting Chancellor of the UMSA for several months of administration. 1988 – 1991.
- President of the University Social Security of La Paz. 1988 – 1991.
- President of the Association of Autonomous University Social Security of Bolivia. 1991 – 1994.
- Education Director (Deputy Dean) of the Medical School. UMSA. 1985 – 1988.
- Head of Medical School 1985 – 1988.
- Interim Head of Medical Technology School 1988.
- Acting Dean for several periods 1985 – 1988.
- Acting Head of Department – Department of Morphological Sciences for several periods.
- President of the Latin American Federation of Associations of Family Members of Detainees and Missing Persons 2003 – November 2005.
- President of the Andean Regional Health Organization, administrative 2006 January 2008. While Minister of Health and Sports.
- President of the Board of Directors of the World Health Organization. 2006 – 2007. Elected by member states and while Minister of Health and Sports. Position in Geneva and Delegate to Dr. Fernando Antezana.
- Member of the Steering Committee of the Pan-American Health Organization 2007. Elected by countries’ representatives. While Minister of Health and Sports.
- Main consultant for the Intercultural Health Plan of the Andean Health Organism ORAS/CONHU.
- General Coordinator of the Latin American Association of Social Medicine ALAMES.
From January 2006 to January 2008, and from May 2010 to January 2012, she held the position of Minister of Health and Sports in Bolivia.
She is now president of the Asociacion de Familiares de Detenidos Desaparecidos y Martirez por la Revolucion Nacional ASOFAMD (Association for the relatives of disappeared detainees and martyrs from the national revolution).