The development of NECT is the result of a collaborative partnership over a period of six years between DNDi, Médecins Sans Frontières, Epicentre, the HAT platform, the Swiss Tropical & Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH), the National Control Programmes of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) and Republic of Congo, with the support of the World Health Organization (WHO), with drugs donated by Sanofi and Bayer Schering Pharma AG.
- The Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs (MAEE) – France
- The Spanish Agency of International Cooperation for Development (AECID) – Spain
- The Department for International Development (DFID) – United Kingdom
- Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors Without Borders)
- The Medicor Foundation – Liechtenstein
- The European Union – Framework Programme 5 and 6