GHIT Fund reinforces its support to DNDi leishmaniasis and Chagas disease projectsGHIT Fund reinforces its support to DNDi leishmaniasis and Chagas disease projects
GHIT Fund reinforces its support to DNDi leishmaniasis and Chagas disease projectsDNDi is very pleased to announce the renewed commitment of the Global Health Innovative Technology Fund (GHIT), its donor since 2013, to DNDi projects on leishmaniasis and Chagas disease.
Caring for Kids with HIV and TBCaring for Kids with HIV and TB
Caring for Kids with HIV and TBSani sits in the doorway of her one-room house with her baby girl Mel in her arms. A pink sunset illuminates the Durban township of KwaMashu that unfolds below her clifftop house. She looks lovingly at Mel, then takes out a syringe and struggles to give the two-year-old,a medicine that is over 40% alcohol.
‘We need to ensure that results of R&D are affordable and available to patients’‘We need to ensure that results of R&D are affordable and available to patients’
‘We need to ensure that results of R&D are affordable and available to patients’Graeme Bilbe, Research & Development Director, DNDi [February 2017] ‘We need to ensure that results of R&D are affordable and available to patients’ DNDi’s R&D Director Graeme Bilbe looks back on 2016 and the exciting advances in DNDi’s portfolio, and explains what he sees as the biggest challenges facing the organization.
R&D Status February 2017: DNDi Sleeping sickness programmeR&D Status February 2017: DNDi Sleeping sickness programme
R&D Status February 2017: DNDi Sleeping sickness programmeFexinidazole entered into the last stage of clinical development before potential submission to regulatory authorities in 2017 as the first new oral treatment for sleeping sickness, while SCYX-7158* moved to Phase II/III.
- Merck joins DNDi’s “Drug Discovery Booster” to accelerate discovery of new treatments for neglected diseases 19 April 2017
- First large-scale survey of Chagas disease in the United States confirms that the “Silent Killer” is a major public health challenge for the country 13 April 2017
- Daiichi Sankyo announces collaborative research on drugs for neglected diseases 14 February 2017
- Study confirms key therapeutic advance for children living with HIV and tuberculosis 14 February 2017
- African eye worm is worse than it looks: new study shows that the disease leads to increased mortality 27 October 2016
- Le Temps: “Des progrès dans la lutte contre les maladies tropicales négligées” 19 April 2017
- Le Monde: “Mobilisation contre les maladies tropicales négligées” 19 April 2017
- US News & World Report: “Illness from ‘Kissing Bug’ now widespread in US” 18 April 2017
- Financial Times: “More engagement on neglected tropical diseases needed from drugmakers” 18 April 2017
- Nikkei: “A drugmaking duo takes the fight to a neglected disease” 16 March 2017
- Understanding the acceptability and adherence to paediatric antiretroviral treatment in the new formulation of pellets (LPV/r): the protocol of a realist evaluation by Giralt AN, Nöstlinger C, Lee J, Salami O, Lallemant M, Ouma O, Nyamongo I, Marchal B. BMJ Open, March 2017
- 6-Nitro-2,3-dihydroimidazo[2,1-b][1,3]thiazoles: facile synthesis and comparative appraisal against tuberculosis and neglected tropical diseases by Thompson AM, Blaser A, Palmer BD, Anderson RF, Shinde SS, Launay D, Chatelain E, Maes L, Franzblau SG, Wan B, Wang Y, Ma Z, Denny WA. Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters, March 2017
- How universal is coverage and access to diagnosis and treatment for Chagas disease in Colombia? A health systems analysis by Cucunubá ZM, Manne-Goehler JM, Díaz D, Nouvellet P, Bernal O, Marchiol A, Basáñez MG, Conteh L. Social Science & Medicine, February 2017
- Investments in research and surveillance are needed to go beyond elimination and stop transmission of Leishmania in the Indian subcontinent by Olliaro P, Shamsuzzaman TAKM, Marasini B, Dhariwal AC, Be-Nazir A, Mondal D, Banjara MR, Das P, Sundar S, Rijal S, Arana B, Alvar J, Argaw D, Peeling RW, Kroeger A, Matlashewski G. PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases, January 2017
- Safety and effectiveness of sodium stibogluconate and paromomycin combination for the treatment of visceral leishmaniasis in eastern Africa: results from a pharmacovigilance programme by Kimutai R, Musa AM, Njoroge S, Omollo R, Alves F, Hailu A, Khalil EAG, Diro E, Soipei P, Musa B, Salman K, Ritmeijer K, Chappuis F, Rashid J, Mohammed R, Jameneh A, Makonnen E, Olobo J, Okello L, Sagaki P, Strub N, Ellis S, Alvar J, Balasegaram M, Alirol E, Wasunna M. Clinical Drug Investigation, January 2017
- NTD Summit 2017 April 19-22, 2017 Geneva, Switzerland Bernard Pécoul, Executive Director, and Wilfried Mutombo HAT Project Coordinator at DNDi, spoke at the event.
- ISNTD d3 2017
Diagnostics, drug discovery and developmentMay 16-17, 2017 London, United Kingdom Ivan Scandale, Project Manager, DNDi, will present on drug development approaches for filarial diseases.
- WorldLeish 6
6th World Congress on LeishmaniasisMay 16-20, 2017 Toledo, Spain The WHO ColIaborating Centre for Leishmaniasis at the Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Madrid and the Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative, Geneva have joined efforts to co-organize the WorldLeish-6 Congress.