DNDi and GARDP Call for Nominations for Treasurer of their Boards of DirectorsDNDi and GARDP Call for Nominations for Treasurer of their Boards of Directors
DNDi and GARDP Call for Nominations for Treasurer of their Boards of DirectorsDNDi and GARDP have issued a call for nominations for a new Board member who would also serve as Treasurer of the Board.
The disease that strikes backThe disease that strikes back
The disease that strikes backCan post-kala-azar dermal leishmaniasis threaten progress against kala-azar?
Ending the Neglect of Chagas in ColombiaEnding the Neglect of Chagas in Colombia
Ending the Neglect of Chagas in ColombiaHidden in the mountains, forests, and pastures of the central Andean region in Colombia are small, remote communities where Chagas disease still takes a heavy toll.
DNDi agreement with Colombia Ministry of Health and Social Welfare to guarantee access to comprehensive care for Chagas patientsDNDi agreement with Colombia Ministry of Health and Social Welfare to guarantee access to comprehensive care for Chagas patients
DNDi agreement with Colombia Ministry of Health and Social Welfare to guarantee access to comprehensive care for Chagas patientsBogotá, Colombia - 14 April 2018 Objective is to improve access to diagnosis and treatment of people affected by this disease An agreement to facilitate and strengthen access to diagnosis and treatment of patients with Chagas and other diseases of public health interest has been signed by the Colombian Ministry of Health and Social Protection and the non-profit research and development organization Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative (DNDi).
- DNDi agreement with Colombia Ministry of Health and Social Welfare to guarantee access to comprehensive care for Chagas patients 14 April 2018
- Drug approved in Argentina for treatment of Chagas disease in children 13 April 2018
- Clinical trial to find new treatment for visceral leishmaniasis begins in eastern Africa 13 April 2018
- New affordable hepatitis C combination treatment shows 97% cure rate 12 April 2018
- Takeda Pharmaceutical and DNDi collaborate to progress a potential new drug for visceral leishmaniasis through the R&D pipeline 5 April 2018
- Global Citizen: “How Switzerland is leading the fight against neglected tropical diseases” 7 June 2018
- STAT: “Will this experimental hepatitis C treatment break Gilead’s grip on middle-income countries?” 12 April 2018
- Fortune: “Hepatitis C drugs can cost $84,000. This new one may be just as good – but cost $300” 12 April 2018
- The Guardian: “Non-profit’s $300 hepatitis C cure as effective as $84,000 alternative” 12 April 2018
- The Guardian: “Who benefits from biomedical science?” 16 March 2018
- Addressing the most neglected diseases through an open research model: the discovery of fenarimols as novel drug candidates for eumycetoma by Lim W, Melse Y, Konings M, Phat Duong H, Eadie K, Laleu B, Perry B, Todd M, Ioset J-R, van de Sande W. PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases, April 2018
- Treatment advocate tactics to expand access to antiviral therapy for HIV and viral hepatitis C in low- to high-income settings: making sure no one is left behind by Grillon C, Krishtel PR, Mellouk O, Basenko A, Freeman J, Mendão L, Andrieux-Meyer I, Morin S. Journal of the International Aids Society, April 2018
- In vitro and in vivo pharmacodynamics of three novel antileishmanial lead series by Van den Kerkhof M, Mabille D, Chatelain E, Mowbray CE, Braillard S, Hendrickx S, Maes L, Caljon G. International Journal for Parasitology: Drugs and Drug Resistance, April 2018
- Outcome of E1224/benznidazole combination treatment upon infection with multi-drug resistant Trypanosoma cruzi strain in mice by Diniz LDF, Mazzeti AL, Caldas IS, Ribeiro I, Bahia MT. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, March 2018
- Evaluation of a pan-Leishmania spliced-leader RNA detection method in human blood and experimentally infected Syrian golden hamsters by Eberhardt E, Van den Kerkhof M, Bulté D, Mabille D, Van Bockstal L, Monnerat S, Alves F, Mbui J, Delputte P, Cos P, Hendrickx S, Maes L, Caljon G. Journal of Molecular Diagnostics, March 2018
- MSF Scientific Days 2018 24-25 May 2018 London, UK Olawale Salami, Paediatric HIV Clinical Project Manager DNDi Africa - poster about the LIVING study on treatment for paediatric HIV
- 22nd International AIDS Conference 23-27 July 2018 Amsterdam, the Netherlands Olawale Salami, Paediatric HIV Clinical Project Manager DNDi Africa - pre-conference workshop on paediatric HIV DNDi - presentation of the LIVING study on paediatric HIV, posters on TB/HIV co-treatment and on the use of oral lopinavir/ritonavir pellets in Kenya
- 14th ICOPA: International Congress of Parasitology 19-24 August 2018 Daegu, South Korea Sabine Specht, Head of Filarial Clinical Programme, DNDi - session on filariasis Jean-Robert Ioset, Senior Discovery Manager, DNDi - session on drug discovery
- 11th DNDi Partners’ Meeting: From innovation to access in Africa – the way forward 4 October 2018 Kampala, Uganda DNDi’s biannual partners’ meeting will bring together some 250-300 health leaders, policy-makers, researchers, civil society groups, product developers, and donors. Meeting sessions will highlight the significant changes made and those still needed in the landscape of research and development, capacity building and strengthening, and access to medicines for neglected diseases and patients on the African continent.