FIND and DNDi team up to support Malaysian MOH efforts to simplify and decentralize hepatitis C screening & treatmentFIND and DNDi team up to support Malaysian MOH efforts to simplify and decentralize hepatitis C screening & treatment
FIND and DNDi team up to support Malaysian MOH efforts to simplify and decentralize hepatitis C screening & treatmentAmsterdam/Geneva - 23 July 2018 Initiative in Malaysia to enhance country's public health approach to hepatitis C FIND and the DNDi will partner to generate evidence that will support policy change and scale up of hepatitis C diagnosis and treatment. This work, announced at the AIDS 2018 conference in Amsterdam and ahead of World Hepatitis Day 2018, is being conducted in collaboration with the Ministry of Health in Malaysia with a view to overcoming barriers to diagnosis and treatment.
DNDi announces new Director of Neglected Tropical DiseasesDNDi announces new Director of Neglected Tropical Diseases
DNDi announces new Director of Neglected Tropical DiseasesFormer DNDi Medical Director Dr Nathalie Strub-Wourgaft takes over leadership of NTD programme DNDi is pleased to announce the appointment of Dr Nathalie Strub-Wourgaft as the new Director of Neglected Tropical Diseases. She will assume her new role as NTD Director and member of DNDi’s Executive Team as of 1 July 2018.
DNDi and GARDP Call for Nominations for Treasurer of their Boards of DirectorsDNDi and GARDP Call for Nominations for Treasurer of their Boards of Directors
DNDi and GARDP Call for Nominations for Treasurer of their Boards of DirectorsDNDi and GARDP have issued a call for nominations for a new Board member who would also serve as Treasurer of the Board.
- FIND and DNDi team up to support Malaysian MOH efforts to simplify and decentralize hepatitis C screening & treatment 23 July 2018
- DNDi agreement with Colombia Ministry of Health and Social Welfare to guarantee access to comprehensive care for Chagas patients 14 April 2018
- Drug approved in Argentina for treatment of Chagas disease in children 13 April 2018
- Clinical trial to find new treatment for visceral leishmaniasis begins in eastern Africa 13 April 2018
- New affordable hepatitis C combination treatment shows 97% cure rate 12 April 2018
- Pharmaceutical Technology: “Curing hepatitis C at a fraction of the cost” 24 July 2018
- Le Monde: “L’hépatite C, la grande oubliée” 22 July 2018
- On Being : “What I learned about the heart from a man who lost his” 29 June 2018
- Daily Nation: “Child-friendly antiretrovirals in the pipeline” 26 June 2018
- Global Citizen: “How Switzerland is leading the fight against neglected tropical diseases” 7 June 2018
- Macrophage activation marker neopterin: A candidate biomarker for treatment response and relapse in visceral leishmaniasis by Kip AE, Wasunna M, Alves F, Schellens JHM, Beijnen JH, Musa AM, Khalil EAG, and Dorlo TPC. Frontiers in Cellular and Infection Microbiology, June 2018
- Addressing the most neglected diseases through an open research model: the discovery of fenarimols as novel drug candidates for eumycetoma by Lim W, Melse Y, Konings M, Phat Duong H, Eadie K, Laleu B, Perry B, Todd M, Ioset J-R, and van de Sande W. PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases, April 2018
- Treatment advocate tactics to expand access to antiviral therapy for HIV and viral hepatitis C in low- to high-income settings: making sure no one is left behind by Grillon C, Krishtel PR, Mellouk O, Basenko A, Freeman J, Mendão L, Andrieux-Meyer I, and Morin S. Journal of the International Aids Society, April 2018
- In vitro and in vivo pharmacodynamics of three novel antileishmanial lead series by Van den Kerkhof M, Mabille D, Chatelain E, Mowbray CE, Braillard S, Hendrickx S, Maes L, Caljon G. International Journal for Parasitology: Drugs and Drug Resistance, April 2018
- Nutritional supplements for patients being treated for active visceral leishmaniasis by Custodio E, López-Alcalde J, Herrero M, Bouza C, Jimenez C, Storcksdieck genannt Bonsmann S, Mouratidou T, López-CuadradoT, Benito A, and Alvar J. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, March 2018
- 22nd International AIDS Conference 23-27 July 2018 Amsterdam, the Netherlands Side event on ending paediatric HIV, presentation on the LIVING study on paediatric HIV, two panel discussions, and poster discussion on TB/HIV co-treatment, and poster on caregiver adherence to oral lopinavir/ritonavir pellets to treat children. Also: pre-conference workshop session on viral suppression in children taking oral LPV/r
- 14th ICOPA: International Congress of Parasitology 19-24 August 2018 Daegu, South Korea Sabine Specht, Head of Filarial Clinical Programme, DNDi - session on filariasis Jean-Robert Ioset, Senior Discovery Manager, DNDi - session on drug discovery
- 11th DNDi Partners’ Meeting: From innovation to access in Africa – the way forward 4 October 2018 Kampala, Uganda DNDi’s biannual partners’ meeting will bring together some 250-300 health leaders, policy-makers, researchers, civil society groups, product developers, and donors. Meeting sessions will highlight the significant changes made and those still needed in the landscape of research and development, capacity building and strengthening, and access to medicines for neglected diseases and patients on the African continent.