Yopal – 20 June 2019
The Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative (DNDi) and the Casanare Departmental Health Secretariat have announced the successful results of a programme for the elimination of barriers to the diagnosis and treatment of Chagas disease in several municipalities in Colombia.
Yopal – 20 June 2019
O Globo [25 May 2019]
“Aprovado o Dia Mundial da doença de Chagas: 14 de abril” – “World Chagas Disease Day approved: April 14”
Geneva, Switzerland – 24 May 2019
The delegates at the World Health Assembly (WHA) have today approved the creation of a World Chagas Day. People affected by Chagas worldwide celebrate this important step in fighting for recognition of this neglected disease.
The International Federation of People Affected by Chagas Disease (FINDECHAGAS) today celebrates the creation of the World Day of People Affected by Chagas at the 72nd World Health Assembly (WHA) in Geneva, Switzerland.
RTS [24 May 2019]
“Rencontre avec Bernard Pécoul, directeur d’une ONG tout à fait unique” – “Meeting with Bernard Pécoul, director of a very unique NGO”
Radio interview of Dr Bernard Pécoul, Executive Director, DNDi
by Mazzeti AL, de F. Diniz L, Gonçalves KR, Schott WonDollinger R, Assíria T, Ribeiro I, Bahia MT.
Antimicrobiol Agents and Chemotherapy, May 2019
by Franco CH, Alcântara LM, Chatelain E, Freitas-Junior L, Borsoi Moraes C.
Tropical Medicine and Infectious Disease, May 2019
Congress of the Brazilian Society of Tropical Medicine
28-31 July 2019
Belo Horizonte, Brazil
- DNDi participating in several round tables on Chagas disease, leishmaniasis, and hepatitis C
Around 300,000 people have Chagas disease in the USA. Read the stories of people living with this silent disease in California.
BioSpace [18 April 2019]
“BioSpace’s Global Biopharma Roundup”
BioCentury [17 April 2019]
“Atomwise unveils Chagas disease compounds from AIMS program”
Geneva, Switzerland and San Francisco, USA – 16 April 2019
Efforts to discover novel compounds against Chagas disease see early successes – part of Atomwise’s Artificial Intelligence Molecular Screen (AIMS) Awards program to fast track drug development
Atomwise, Inc., a biotech company using artificial intelligence (AI) for drug discovery, and DNDi, a not-for-profit research and development organization working to deliver new treatments for neglected diseases, today announced that promising drug-like compounds have been discovered in a programme to develop first-in-class treatments for Chagas disease. The research collaboration is part of Atomwise’s Artificial Intelligence Molecular Screen (AIMS) Awards programme.
Rio de Janeiro – 11 April 2019
The people affected by Chagas disease will claim this 14th of April as World Chagas Day in the hope of increasing global awareness, building on the progress already made against this disease, which has been neglected for more than a century
The International Federation of Associations of People Affected by Chagas disease (FINDECHAGAS) has launched an online petition through the platform change.org in support of the official declaration of April 14th as their World Day. This proposal will be tabled at the 72nd World Health Assembly, to be held in Geneva at the end of May 2019. The particular date has been chosen because on that same day, 110 years ago, the Brazilian doctor Carlos Chagas confirmed the first case of the disease in a child, called Berenice Soares.
30-31 May, 1 June 2019
- Sergio Sosa-Estani, Head of Chagas Clinical Programmes – round table on Chagas disease
22 May 2019
- DNDi co-organizing – panel discussion to discuss the major hurdles preventing access to quality care and treatment and how the global health community can best move forwards to eradicate Chagas disease
12-15 May 2019
- Isabela Ribeiro, Head of Dynamic Portfolio Unit – presentation on clinical trials for Chagas disease
- Nick White, Chair DNDi SAC – presentation on the global situation in infectious diseases & drug discovery for infectious diseases
- Poster presentations on drug discovery projects for Chagas disease and leishmaniasis
9-11 May 2019
- Sergio Sosa-Estani, Head of Chagas Clinical Programmes – presentation of the BENDITA trial results and the benznidazole monotherapy strategy
9-10 May 2019
- Fabiana Barreira, Chagas Senior Clinical Manager – presentation of the BENDITA trial for Chagas disease
- Nathalie Strub-Wourgaft, Director NTDs – presentation on registration steps for the new all oral sleeping sickness treatment
El Dia [31 March 2019]
“Reducir dosis y duración de tratamiento del Chagas es tan eficaz y más seguro” – “Reduce dose and duration of Chagas treatment is effective and safer”
by Watson JA, Strub-Wourgraft N, Tarral A, Ribeiro I, Tarning J, White NJ.
Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, March 2019