Acceptable Use Policy
Version 6 July 2018
PLEASE READ THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SITE
What’s in these terms?
This Acceptable Use Policy sets out the Content Standards that apply when you upload content to our sites, make contact with other users on our sites, link to our sites, or interact with our sites in any other way.
Who we are and how to contact us
www.dndi.org, www.africoleish.org, www.afrikadia.org, anticov.org, covid19crc.org, www.dndial.org, www.dndijapan.org, www.dndina.org, eliminateworms.org, www.treatchagas.org and our other websites are sites operated by the Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative (”We”). We are a Swiss charitable foundation and have our principal office at Chemin Camille-Vidart 15, 1202 Geneva, Switzerland.
By using any of our sites you accept these terms
By using our sites, you confirm that you accept the terms of this policy and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our sites.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
We may make changes to the terms of this policy
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our sites, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on 6 July 2018.
You may use our sites only for lawful purposes. You may not use our sites:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is fraudulent, or has any fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm anyone in any way.
- In any way that breaches third party’s rights.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our Content Standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware, or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage, or disrupt:
- any part of our sites;
- any equipment or network on which our sites is/are stored;
- any software used in the provision of our sites; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our sites, including, without limitation:
- Chat rooms.
- Bulletin boards.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated, and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for minors) when they use any interactive service provided on our sites, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor, or moderate any interactive service we provide on our sites, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our Content Standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not fool proof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These Content Standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our sites (“Contribution”), and to any interactive services associated with it.
The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
DNDi will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in Switzerland and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, unethical, hateful, or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right, or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to mislead any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution officially emanates from DNDi if this is not the case.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be threatening, abusive, or invade another’s privacy, or cause needless annoyance or anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, embarrass, alarm, or threaten any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unethical, unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Contain a statement which you know, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any commercial advertising or promotion.
Breach of this policy
- Immediate, temporary, or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our sites.
- Immediate, temporary, or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to any of our sites.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
Please note that the terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation are governed by the laws of Switzerland. The courts of Switzerland shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
Get our latest news, personal stories, research articles, and job opportunities.